Im trying to install a new housing and i cant get the bottom antenna cover off. I lift it up and pull down a bit and it feels like somethings gonna break. Whats the proper way to do it?
    11-17-08 03:33 AM
    Hey Berrykid,

I've never been "bold" enough to take off my antenna cover. I looked around for some kind of guide, but came up empty. I did find the FCC filing data for the 8330, which has some pics of the 8330 with an inside view. Maybe looking at these will assist you. Here's the link:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...#39;L6ARBU20CW'

It's an FCC (government) web site and when I load it, IE give me a certificate error. I went ahead and loaded it anyway, since I wasn't doing any transactions, just looking around.

I hope this helps!
    11-17-08 04:35 AM
    Well I have the extra housing so I can already see all parts of it, but still having a tough time. Anyone else change their housing?
    11-17-08 12:08 PM
    I haven't tried but try a search. I've seen guides on taking a curve apart to paint it because I was thinking of doing it in the near future. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 03:05 PM
    I've done it MANY times and I can tell you that, even though you think it's going to snap, chances are, it won't. The first time I did it I got super nervous about snapping off one of the four holder pieces, but I've done it three times since then and the antenna is still tightly covered. I just used my fingernails to pop it off... it seems scarier than it really is...
    11-17-08 03:48 PM
    Thats the hardest part, it will feel like its going to snap, it makes a loud click once you get it, just give it a firm pull.
    11-17-08 04:31 PM
    If you think the antenna cover is bad, wait until you get to the front faceplate
    11-17-08 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD