Happy New Year- here is the first of many questions for '09

I have a Curve and currently use OS v4.5.0.77 (Verizon). My wife uses the Storm (unknown OS, but the newest). I have noticed that it usually takes about 2-3 minutes for a hotmail e-mail to be pushed to her phone. In comparing them side by side, mine takes no less than 9 minutes and sometimes up to 30 for the same e-mails. What gives ??
    01-01-09 12:54 PM
    Bump.....come on-not one response!
    01-02-09 12:36 AM
    How big are the emails? Im using 4.5.77 and my emails are almost instant?
    01-02-09 12:55 AM
    To answer the question, they aren't big at all. The puzzling part is why is the Storm receiving the same e-mails so much faster when the two phones are side by side?
    01-02-09 01:51 AM
    Are the Hotmail accounts setup the same on both phones?
    01-02-09 06:27 AM
    not sure but the storm has so many bugs I would gladly wait the extra minutes using the curve. I ordered a new curve yesterday and sending the storm back.
    01-02-09 08:30 AM
    not sure but the storm has so many bugs I would gladly wait the extra minutes using the curve. I ordered a new curve yesterday and sending the storm back.
    I'm gonna guess that maybe this is a hotmail issue and not so much a phone one-- I could be wrong, but I use gmail and its almost instantaneous when pushed to both the Curve and the Storm, as has been the case with many other users I know. Yahoo seems to pretty instantaneous as well. I just know I've totally shocked my roommate before as she was emailing me something from her computer, and I received it on my phone almost as soon as she clicked send- yet her cpu screen said it was still sending for a few more seconds. Try setting up a free yahoo or gmail account just as a tester, you can always go back & delete it, and see how long it takes to receive emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 08:52 AM
    I agree with holdene, I sent my crappy storm back and got another curve, which is what I originally had. I had the opposite issues with the storm, took forever to get my hotmail on it, but with my old curve, and now my new one, they are instant.
    01-02-09 09:47 AM
    8350i emails are instant

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 09:05 PM
    Happy New Year- here is the first of many questions for '09

I have a Curve and currently use OS v4.5.0.77 (Verizon). My wife uses the Storm (unknown OS, but the newest). I have noticed that it usually takes about 2-3 minutes for a hotmail e-mail to be pushed to her phone. In comparing them side by side, mine takes no less than 9 minutes and sometimes up to 30 for the same e-mails. What gives ??
    honestly, I think the curve is faster in receiving emails and the browser speed. I know that this may "sound" odd due to the faster processor in the storm, but I had both and my curve loads pages and receives emails so much faster.
    01-02-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD