Hello everyone. I have a quick question if anyone can help.
    Can I turn off my email on my blackberry 8320 while I’m at work, then turn it on again when i have left the office?
    As it stands every time an e-mail comes through into my outlook my blackberry also goes off. I get about 50 emails a day!
    Thank you in advance
    01-28-09 10:21 AM
    Try this, you can set up a work profile in advanced profiles for work.

Profiles>advanced

Select your e-mail adresses and on your in-holster and out of holster, select none for your notifications. Save your profile. You can make exceptions or adjustments as you desire for almost any profile you want. Hope this does the trick for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 10:50 AM
    That won't work for what the OP is asking. I believe that will still send all the e-mails to his BB, it just won't notify that there's a new one.

What you can try is turning off the wireless network (under Menu, Manage Connections) while you're at work, and then turning it back on before you leave.

methinks that works, not 100% sure...
    01-28-09 12:28 PM
    That won't work for what the OP is asking. I believe that will still send all the e-mails to his BB, it just won't notify that there's a new one.

What you can try is turning off the wireless network (under Menu, Manage Connections) while you're at work, and then turning it back on before you leave.

Wouldn't that disable the phone also?
    01-28-09 01:47 PM

Setting a profile still leave the phone or other apps (alarm etc) to function with out problems.

Turning off the Wireless (WiFi) will cut the access to e-mail only it the e-mail comes in thru the wireless (WiFi) connection. if it comes in over the Mobile Network connection then it will not stop e-mails from coming in.

Turning off the Mobile connection will also turn off the phone as well.
    01-28-09 03:07 PM
    Go to Manage Connections...Mobile Network Options. Turn Data Services off. The phone will still work, but anything that uses data won't.
    01-28-09 03:15 PM
    Go to Manage Connections...Mobile Network Options. Turn Data Services off. The phone will still work, but anything that uses data won't.
    How about texting or BB messenger?
    01-28-09 03:50 PM
    Text yes, BBM no.
    01-29-09 07:13 AM
    But when you turn data back on, won't all the emails come then?
    01-29-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD