okay i just got my 8310 yesterday and when I go to setup wizard then choose email setup all it will let me do is select either skip or use a work e-mail account with a blackberry enterprise server i want to use a regular e-mail.
    11-01-07 08:23 AM
    Is there a something called "Personal Email Setup" on your phone? I think mine was in "Settings" folder. I skiped the email setup wizard and just use the "Personal Email Setup" to set up my personal email.
    11-01-07 11:01 AM
    no I have options and in there advanced options but no settings
    11-01-07 01:09 PM
    okay i just got my 8310 yesterday and when I go to setup wizard then choose email setup all it will let me do is select either skip or use a work e-mail account with a blackberry enterprise server i want to use a regular e-mail.
    In Australia with the 8310 we have an "Enterprise" and an "Internet" edition of the phone from my carrier. The only difference is that the "Internet" version comes with the personal email setup system where the "Enterprise" edition is only for use with the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

This is my first RIM Blackberry unit (previously I used a Nokia E65 with the Blackberry software installed) but there was a bit of a problem with Vodafone AUS sending me the Enterprise edition rather than the Internet edition when I upgraded my handset (they went to great lengths at the time of the upgrade in ensuring that I was meant to get the right one). Perhaps a call to your carrier or someone on the forums can tell you which version of the 8310 you have. Then I would call the place where you got the Blackberry and see what they say.

Hope this helps (i'm not even sure if this is only my carrier who has this distinction) and I hope you get everything sorted out.
    Last edited by Cam.King; 11-01-07 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Additional information
    11-01-07 07:27 PM
    okay okay I called my carrier and I had to switch to a blackberry plan on my bill and now I can got it working thanks all.
    11-03-07 04:01 PM
    How did you end up getting it to work, When I go through setup wizard there is no option to setup personal email either...
    11-05-07 03:23 PM
    You must first go to your carriers BIS site and set up the email address you want to use, they will then email you a confirmation and it will be set up for you automaically. The icon will apear on your phone.
    11-05-07 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD