I have heard many people speak of dust getting under their screen, I am just wondering what type of case or holster these people are or aren't using? I have had my Curve for over a month now and I use the leather sleave that came with the BB and mine is perfect, not a spec of dust! I learned from my old phone that if you just put your phone in your pocket naked, you are gonna get dust under the screen. I am super meticulous with keeping my gadgets pristine, so seeing dust under the screen just makes my skin crawl!!! That right there will drive you nuts! So let me know what has or hasn't work for you in keeping your BB pristine... Kirk
    11-28-07 12:51 PM
    Some people get dust under the screen, some don't. I used to have the 8300 Curve and it got dust within 3 days. I switched for the 8310 - same problem. Now I have the 8320 Curve with T-Mobile and have used a holster, a skin, and sometimes I keep it in my pocket. 1 month and no dust. I'm crossing my fingers.
    11-28-07 01:06 PM
    I had massive dust under my screen after the first three weeks. I exchanged it for another 8300, still have the dust...oh well.
    I have almost give up on it and let it be, though sometimes I would like to open and have the screen cleaned. Im not sure if I want to mess with it...
    By the way...I have the leather holster, no skin.
    11-28-07 01:17 PM
    Putting a phone in your pocket without a holster will cause the lent to get into the screen. Unless you have tight pockets, that will always happen.
    11-28-07 01:53 PM
    No dust problem to speak of yet...and had none with my old 8300 either, but maybe that's because my Curve is almost always carried in my belt-clip holster (yeah, looks geek...but I don't care) unless I'm in jeans or shorts...then I use the OEM slip case.

I have a Seidio screen guard coming, thank God...I have been paranoid about getting scratches on the screen. Nothing there either...so far.
    11-28-07 02:48 PM
    It's nice to know that a lot of you here on CrackBerry are just as cautious and overly protective with you BB's! So it's not just me who has an unhealthy relationship with their shiny, perfectly shaped and weighted interface to all that has become our lives! Godbless ya'll......
    11-28-07 03:16 PM
    I keep mine in the silicone skin &/or the leather holster. I've had mine for a lil over a month now and am not seeing any dust under the screen.
    I am hoping that will eliminate the common issue.
    Design flaw maybe?
    11-28-07 03:37 PM
    Putting a phone in your pocket without a holster will cause the lent to get into the screen. Unless you have tight pockets, that will always happen.
    hey if it gets lent under the screen does that mean you have to buy a fish sanwich every friday? do you program that into your calendar app or in memos??

-db

j/k
    11-28-07 04:51 PM
    I got dust under my screen after abt a month.
    I used the sleeve all the time and still got the dust.
    I think its a defect on the right side of screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-07 04:56 PM
    I always keep mine in my holster when traveling. This is my 2nd BB and so far I have not had that problem.
    11-28-07 05:11 PM
    I have dust with only a few weeks of use. I keep it in my leather BB belt holster.
    11-28-07 07:06 PM
    I gt dust in my 8300 within days of use. Have been using my 8310 for a week and not a speck of dust till now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Always carry it around in the leather sleeve.
    11-28-07 08:21 PM
    I don't think there is something out there that's dedicated just for this dusk issue. I keep my bb in my leather holster and have even tried other screen protectors and still no luck for my 8300. It's seems to be a common problem. I don't have a lot of it really, didn't really notice it until my wife mentioned it. She has the same problem as well with her 8300.
    11-29-07 10:25 AM
    Question about the dust, someone at my company has a ton of dust in there screen, would a can or air blow it out or make it worse? Has anyone tried?
    11-30-07 10:47 AM
    Edit.......
    Last edited by Jamdiver; 07-16-08 at 03:21 PM. Reason: EDIT
    11-30-07 11:11 AM
    No dust in mine I keep it in my holster
    11-30-07 08:24 PM
    Curve since July, kept in OEM holster.
    I've had dust after 2 weeks and is continuing to build up. Don't notice it asmuch during the day, but night time it's very obvious.
    12-01-07 10:34 AM
    My 8300 got dust under the screen along the right edge in the center, after just a week or two. I use a silcone cover and keep my phone by itself in my pocket sometimes.

If you ask me, it is a defect. We shouldn't have to be so particular about the specifics of how we carry our BB. It should never happen.

AT&T replaced under 1 year warranty.

12-01-07 08:59 PM
    I have a cheap screen protector that I picked up from ebay and an oem bb skin. The only dust I have is under the cheap screen protector! I am probably going to pick up a screen protector from the cb store or bse! No dust under the screen, I have checked it already! My curve is 8300!

Charlie

12-01-07 09:26 PM
    I AGREE!!!!!! My frist one, had dust under the screen straight out of the box. AT&T exchanged it no questions asked. Then I got this one (my second one, in the same month). After a month of use, I noticed dust under the screen. I showed it to AT&T again, and they said: Thats strange......didnt offer to exchange it or anything! BUT..... i have so many apps and music, etc, that it would be a complete pain! I agree that there must be a design defect in the right side of the screen someplace! NO DUST in the LEFT....ALWAYS ON THE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
    12-02-07 04:58 PM
    I am using the Seidio clear case with a Sheildzone screen protector and no problems...
    12-02-07 08:26 PM
    another dust sufferer - i'm too lazy to use a holster, put it in my pocket. but i too find it odd that the dust is very specifically along the right side of the screen.
    took the screen off to clean (youtube shows how) - simple to do, though the bottom snap-on "clip" takes a bit of wiggling - you pop off the back and then pry it open (all the while you think you're going to break something) enough to wedge a small screwdriver into the front, and pop it right off. i also used the 2 stacked credit cards instead of the "seam tool" to pop off the front cover. overall, very easy, only 2 screws on the back (torx heads, but a flathead micro screwdriver will fit right in)
    so it's clean now...and just for grins i "caulked" the right side seam of the screen. there is a rubber/sticky gasket already in place around the screen, but someone else alread posted that there is more "play" on the R hand side. so for good measure i caulked the seam, outside where the gasket is glued to the screen (that seal appeared tight). we'll see if it makes a difference...
    12-18-07 11:52 AM
    After two months, I have dust. =/
    12-22-07 03:14 PM
    no dust in mine
    12-22-07 03:27 PM
    I had lots of dust under mine.. I had a cracked screen once too.. I just went to cellular.cn and ordered a new screen for 4.99 and a t5 torque screwdriver for 4.99 too, replacing the screen took 5 minutes. it's easy and neato. I'm waiting for my trackball to get bad enough so I can replace that too! ;D
    12-23-07 01:32 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD