I am getting dust that is trapping itself underneath the plastic cover. Is it pretty hard to take the front cover off and clean it out, or should I just deal with it? Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 12:10 PM
    how long have you had the device if it is under the worntey i would take it back dust under the screen drives me crazy i would take it back to the store that you bought it from and tell them it is restarting and not working properly
    08-17-08 12:15 PM
    I've had it a couple of months now so I don't think they would swap it out. Besides that I ordered straight through Alltels customer service. I dnt use a case for it so I think that might be why I am getting the dust in there. Its not real bad...but its bad enough that I don't want to use dark colored wallpapers.

08-17-08 12:18 PM
    Removing and replacing the LCD lens cover is tricky, it requires dismantling the entire phone.

On the plus side, I see the Lens suppliers are now including a adhesive washer to seal out dust.

Blackberry Trackball, Lcd, & Parts Repair Service Center
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-17-08 at 12:38 PM.
    08-17-08 12:36 PM
    This happened to me. I would look into a professional repair service. I thought I could clean it out myself, but I made it much, much, worse. Taking the cover just let more dust in. Long story short, now I'm using a 8820.

08-17-08 12:48 PM
    Stoner, thanks for the link...i think that i might send it to those guys and just have them replace the whole front cover. Ecooper, i have a feeling that the same thing would happen to me if i tried, lol.
    08-17-08 12:51 PM
    Removing and replacing the LCD lens cover is tricky, it requires dismantling the entire phone.

On the plus side, I see the Lens suppliers are now including a adhesive washer to seal out dust.

Blackberry Trackball, Lcd, & Parts Repair Service Center

thats what i did
    08-17-08 12:55 PM
    For those of you who have stripped your device or for those who want to strip your device to clean the dust under the lens, when stripped down use a piece of prestik to clean the dust off, just roll the prestik over the lens.
    I have been in the industry for so long and this is the only stuff I used for cleaning dust underneath the lens.

08-17-08 01:00 PM
    whats prestik? i have some dust under the screen and want to take it apart to clean it.
    08-17-08 01:09 PM
    Yeah what is that? I want to use my curve again!

08-17-08 01:46 PM
    If you take it back, your replacement will be a refurb. Not that's its bad but if you're okay with it. I think its silly to return it simply because you have dust under the scren when you can clean it yourself. Or you can take your phone to a professional who can replace your scren or faceplate.

08-17-08 01:51 PM
    If you take it back, your replacement will be a refurb. Not that's its bad but if you're okay with it. I think its silly to return it simply because you have dust under the scren when you can clean it yourself. Or you can take your phone to a professional who can replace your scren or faceplate.

I had to return mine for other issues, and they replaced it. I asked the Verizon guy if i was getting a refurbished model. He said no. How would i know if he was lying, *anyway*?
    08-17-08 04:39 PM
    Bostik data sheet

Google is your friend.

Good advise from a seasoned pro.
    08-17-08 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD