We're on exchange and when i get an email, both my outlook 2007 and Blackberry Curve 8310 get this original email. If i respond in outlook to this email I will receive another copy of the original email on my Blackberry after a few minutes which is very confusing and fills up my inbox seeing as i work on outlook all day. The only difference is now it has a different RefID number (which i learned about after calling RIM) so it's treated as a new email. RIM told me it's an Exchange/Outook issue. Somehow during this process it appears that outlook/exchange is changing its RefID number??? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! TIA.
    04-21-08 01:57 PM
    can anyone help?
    04-23-08 12:05 PM
    I am getting the same thing. I am connecting to an Exchange server over IMAP. When I respond to a message in Outlook, a copy of the message is downloaded to my Curve with a date and timestamp of when I sent my reply in Outlook.

Any help to disable this "feature" would be awesome!
    04-29-08 05:29 AM
    does anyone know how to solve this ?

plsss
    09-25-08 02:19 PM
    I'm having the same issue....It started when I set up my exchange account using imap in BIS. I do get all my mail instantly, but if I respond in outlook I get a 2nd copy of the original email. I read somewhere it has to do with the UID for the email. On the blackberry site it says that the cause is using IMAP and the solution is to set up the account using POP3 or Outlook Web Access, but then I don't get emails instantly. RIM just released the IMAP Idle support, I would think that I don't have to choose between duplicate emails or instant push....
    10-02-08 10:06 AM
    Did anyone ever get this issue resolved? I've got the same thing happening.
    thx
    11-25-08 09:45 AM
    I have the same issue for a user that I support....
    11-25-08 10:07 AM
    I may have found the answer in another thread:

#4 10-01-2008, 12:20 AM
    willdcoyote
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8330 (Curve)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Sep 2008

Figured It Out!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start by saying that you are not insane. It is NOT just setting up a forwarding rule, or deleting your service books or just resetting your email account.... that's waht all the gurus here are saying but I tried everything, like you and nothing works... UNTIL NOW!

Ok, so this is not pretty. After spending 3.5 hours on the phone with Verizon tech supprt, RIM tech support and then my Exchange Server company, we've got it figured out. Here is why I was getting duplicates.

Each email has a uid (unique identifier). This tells the server that the email has been sent to your device (or something like that). Well for some reason, the UID changed after it first arrived on the server, so your BB thinks it's a new email.

Here's how you can test it to see if that's the case:

Find an email - go to top of email, hold down ALT and type in VIEW You should see a UID#.

Do the same thing on the duplicate email - you will see that the UID is different! That's why you're getting 2 emails. The UID should not change.

So there are a couple solutions:

1. get your IT guys need to make UID validility to remain static. That means the UID should not change...

OR

2. you could have set up a forwarding rule on the server to a BB.net address to avoid the issue all together. Apparently a blackberry.net address can pose as your email address and no one would know the difference. This is kind of a band-aid.

OR

3. Do what I did... instead of setting up your account as a POP or IMAP account, set it up as an Outlook Webmail Service.... for some reason that fixes the problem too. I needed to get the spcific user info and webmail URL from my Exchange Hosting Company.
    11-25-08 10:28 AM
    how do i do option 3?
    05-23-09 01:37 PM
    I am having the SAME problem! how do you do #3??
    06-22-09 04:27 PM
    still looking for some help with this if anyone can explain!
    thanks! Even if you can explain #2, that would be great!
    06-29-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD