When I revieve an e-mail though outlook, I get it both on the PC and on the BB. But when I reply to the e-mail, or forward it, on outlook, I will recieve the message again for the 2nd time on the BB.
    Anyone know how to correct this?
    11-30-07 01:04 PM
    Are you using a GMail account? Here's the answer!
    11-30-07 01:49 PM
    no, it is a work account. Pop3? i believe it's called.
    11-30-07 02:34 PM
    Just worked on this same problem yesterday from my office with AT&T and RIM tech. support.
    RIM said that it had something to do with the Microsoft Exchange Server we are using. RIM said that when a message comes in to my e-mail account is is automatically assigned a number through our server which is a designator for RIM to send it to our BB. However the way our server is set-up when we reply, delete, forward, etc. and the message bounces back off our server for outbound it is assigned a NEW number and RIM sees that and sends another copy of the same message to our BB.

According to RIM it is a server issue and the way it is re-assigning numbers to the original e-mail. They also said, and our internal tech. department agreed, that the original message, no matter what you do with it, should always have the same number assigned but that something in our server was changing it.

Basically, our tech dept. is looking into what we have to tweak on our internal server to make this go away. One answer is the get the BES server - which is expensive - but the other is to have someone tweak, if possible the settings on your server. I have not heard from our tech. dept. yet as to what is is they are tweaking but will re-post once I hear.

Also, as a side note, if you are running re-director at all you will get the same problem.

Hope this helps...a little...
    12-01-07 07:48 AM
    That Helps alot!
    Thank you..... can you please post a reply to when your tech. dept. figures out? maybe I can pass the info on to mine at work.
    12-01-07 11:10 AM
    Anyone got a solution to this?
    It gets real annoying after forwarding and replying multiple e-mails.
    12-11-07 09:18 AM
    Bump! ? anyone? anyone? pleaseee i hate getting so many repeat emails simply beacuse i replied to them.
    12-18-07 07:48 AM
    OK
    Latest info. Our tech. guru went online to our created AT&T blackberry account and changed some settings that stopped this from happening. I am still trying to figure out what settings were changed but I do know that my duplicates have not shown up the last 24hrs.

Try logging into your account online and look into the settings to see if you can control your duplicates. If I find out more on this from our tech dept. i will pass it along.
    12-18-07 08:23 AM
    Thanks for the info! please keep us posted as this is driving me crazy and I haven't found any answers...

about this exchange problem...if it's a server's thing, shoudln't this problem be happening to everybody using bb in your work (or mine, for the case)? is it happening?
    Last edited by dlev; 03-11-08 at 11:50 AM.
    03-11-08 11:47 AM
    OK
    Latest info. Our tech. guru went online to our created AT&T blackberry account and changed some settings that stopped this from happening. I am still trying to figure out what settings were changed but I do know that my duplicates have not shown up the last 24hrs.

Try logging into your account online and look into the settings to see if you can control your duplicates. If I find out more on this from our tech dept. i will pass it along.
    Our office is AT&T/Cingular and we are all experiencing this same issue. Were you able to determine which settings were changed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    09-25-08 09:23 AM
    No, and Ive never been able to fix this issue. I've learned to live with it unfortunatley

ANYONE CAN YOU HELP?
    09-25-08 10:14 AM
    Ever able to figure out what the settings were changed to?

Thanks!
    09-25-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD