I accidentally dropped my BB.....not a big drop......I have had phones that have accidentally flown across a room and broken into pieces and carried on working!!!! NOT this one!
    Are BBs so sensitive? I haven't been able to turn it on since and wondering if there is anything I can try and do before taking it in. I live in Dubai and I'm not too sure how long it's going to take to have it fixed.
    12-18-08 09:30 AM
    Have you tried removing the battery, letting it sit for at least 30 seconds, then re-inserting the battery?
    12-18-08 09:31 AM
    sounds funny because it wont turn on but try a bat pull leave it out for upwords to a min, that way it gives it time for everything to reset. Then put the battery back in place and just see what happens
    12-18-08 09:32 AM
    I have tried to take the battery out...but haven't let it sit for a minute......trying as I write....
    12-18-08 09:43 AM
    Does ur phone comp have a local store you can bring it too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 09:45 AM
    unfortunately not. Bought it in South Africa three months ago but I'm now in the UAE and not sure they'll sort it out as quickly as I would need them to.
    12-18-08 09:48 AM
    Well, if the battery pull doesn't shock it back into life I fear the worst.
    12-18-08 09:50 AM
    put battery back in.....but nothing happens
    12-18-08 09:52 AM
    Are you near any citys in the UAE I would remdor a guess you must have a BB rep somewear

12-18-08 09:55 AM
    It may be busted. Unless u see a red light in the right corner? When I drop mine ill see the red light for a few moments then it eventually comes back on.

12-18-08 09:56 AM
    I had to get mine replaced once when I got the replacement I allso orderd a protective case, the phone is too expensive to use without protection

12-18-08 09:59 AM
    the red light does come on when I first insert the battery....then it goes off...and the device still doesn't switch on......and, yes, I could take it to a blackberry store in Dubai......although I wish I didn't have to
    12-18-08 10:01 AM
    Well you never know till you go it might be a easy fix that they could dob right then

12-18-08 10:05 AM
    will give it a try. thanks
    12-18-08 10:08 AM
    Good luck. I feel for you; I dropped mine the other day, was both lucky and scared to death I'd broken it.
    12-18-08 10:10 AM
    mine has fallen out of a semi truck (upwards of 9feet from the ground) and when it fell it hit solid pavement......put all the pices back together (like humpty dumpty) and wala....

....................just watch that the retaining ring dosent break (other thread related)
    12-18-08 11:11 AM
    We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

Great BB protection most models supported

12-18-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD