I dropped my BB VZW 8330 Curve and cracked the bottom right corner and chipped it bad. Is there a place online to buy a OEM new case (housing) for the BB that you can switch the guts into and have a new phone? If so is it hard to do and what size torx driver do you need to remove the screws in the back? Any help would be great.
    01-06-09 12:42 PM
    cnn.cn is a great place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 12:44 PM
    Check out Cellular Accessories - SonyEricsson, Panasonic, Motorola, 3G, Dopod/O2, Microsoft, Nokia, Alcatel, LG,. They're out of Hong Kong and the shipping takes a while, but the prices are good and the fit is as good as the OEM part.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 01-06-09 at 12:47 PM.
    01-06-09 12:44 PM
    ebay has them, cnn.cn has them.

To change just the face plate, you need a t 5, if you also want to change the rails, then a t 6 is also needed.

You can youtube the vids for changing the housings. Pretty straightforward.
    01-06-09 12:47 PM
    I just looked and does anyone know the difference between the Verizon full housinf version1 and the full housing version 2?

What is the benefit to changing the rails?
    01-06-09 12:48 PM
    If you want to replace the rails, replace them. The only benefit is that they will be newer/slightly less scratched. I have been thinking about replacing the housing on my 8330 to the all black that cnn.cn has, but I just havent been able to get myself around to it.
    01-06-09 12:51 PM
    OP, you just have to find a housing that will fit specifically 8330.

The 8300/10 and 20 housings will not fit yours.

As far as versions, thats probably a seller thing and there is probably his descriptions on there anyways as to which version has what.
    01-06-09 12:52 PM
    careful removing and screwing the the Torx screwsss back in there very fragile n break easily
    01-06-09 02:57 PM
    cnn.cn is prob the best place and people have been very succesful with there housing fitting just the like the did orignally because they are OEM. ebay housings sometimes will fit lose and just not right
    01-07-09 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD