Hola,

I'm having a problem with downloading pictures through email. My GF has a curve as well and she sents me photos taken by her blackberry and emails them to me...

I am able to open the attachment and view the photo and save the image.

The saved image however, is a shrunken version of the actual photo. If i rerieve image info it says the real size which is 1600x1200 but the saved version is 320x240.

So i thought I should use the "download attachment" menu item.

When i clicked that... it'll start to download and hit a random percentage liek 30% or so usually... and then a red X icon will be next to the photo... no warning or anything...

I have enough memory so thats not the issue... over 40mb free.

Interestingly... when i go to my gmail address... and forward that same picture to another gmail address also linked to my blackberry... I am able to view the full sized image and download the full sized attachment no problem.

What is going on... sometimes my friends send me pictures directly to the phone as their mms and my gf sends me pictures... i cant keep forwarding them to myself and download the full sized image.

Ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it? Is this common?

thanks,
    sai
    11-21-08 03:20 AM
    I do have a media card... 1gb in fact... and thats not the issue...

I specifically said that it occurs to some emails... mainly the ones sent to me by someone else... and then if i take that same email and resend it to myself... it will magically work again.

I dont want to sound mean but please read what i've described and even though i did not mention i had a memory card inserted... its quite obvious, to me atleast, that it is not a memory issue but is something to do with how the OS handles images attached to an email.

Sai
    11-21-08 10:38 PM
    Did you try resending your service books? That usually solves any email problems I have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 01:54 AM
    Also before saving the image press menu and select full image then save it after it loads the full image. I have recently learned that MMS on my Sprint BB Curve is not going to work like it did when I was with Verizon so I just forget about MMS alltogether because it depresses me. BUT I have free gps now with Sprint that works like a charm on any third party application and that cheers me right up!!! Verizon has locked gps but good mms...Forget MMS i want my GPS to work!!!
    11-22-08 02:24 AM
    Also before saving the image press menu and select full image then save it after it loads the full image. I have recently learned that MMS on my Sprint BB Curve is not going to work like it did when I was with Verizon so I just forget about MMS alltogether because it depresses me. BUT I have free gps now with Sprint that works like a charm on any third party application and that cheers me right up!!! Verizon has locked gps but good mms...Forget MMS i want my GPS to work!!!
    For the emails that fail the download... it doesnt give me the option to choose "full image". The emails that do allow that...do have "full image" as an option. Which is why its so puzzling.
    11-22-08 02:55 AM
    Did you try resending your service books? That usually solves any email problems I have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup... no change.
    11-22-08 01:02 PM
    I have the same problem.. can view image, but often cannot download attachment.. it goes part of the way then errors out with a red X..

Gives the error message:

"Message Status: Attachment download IO error"
    01-17-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD