Hello fellow bb headz,

I've been having an issue downloading MP3 attachments from my emails on my Curve 8310 with AT&T. I can transfer MP3's to my blackberry via my PC and USB cable with no problem. They also play on my BB with no problem. But for some reason when I receive an e-mail on my BB with an MP3 attachment and try to download it, I receive the "unknown error was encountered" message.

Could anyone please point me to the right directiong in solving this issue?

and a small side note I installed OZ Instant Messaging and used it for a few days with no problems but for some reason I started getting the "Uncaught exception: 0>= 0" message. I've researched this also but find no information related to the curve 8310. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

J
    12-01-07 02:05 AM
    You can't download audio/video file from emails. Only fies you can download to your phones are images...
    12-01-07 04:47 AM
    You can download audio files. I get emails with .wav attachments all of the time with no problem.
    12-01-07 07:43 AM
    aprylgem is right! I wonder if it's the type of file being sent. Go to the Ringtone section of Crackberry.com, and find a ringtone, and email it to yourself. Now see if you can save it...
    12-01-07 09:37 AM
    Ok so I went to the ringtone section and I am able 2 download MP3's from the site with no problems at all. But for some reason, I can't download them as attachments from emails. Are there any other requirements for an MP3 file 2 be recognized as compatible? Such as bit depths, sample rates, etc...???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-07 07:58 AM
    I went to the ringtone site and was able to download a couple MP3's with no problem, but I still can't download MP3 email attachments.could it be a sample rate/bit depth issue? I'm in the music business so I NEED to be able to download MP3's from emails... Any info???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-07 09:32 AM
    I'm running into the same error. It seems almost like there's a maxmium file size limit. I can get smaller files but once I get into the 400k and up it always fails.
    12-21-07 08:46 AM
    Yeah I Get That Problem To. I Get Alot Of Mp3s Sent To My Gmail And Try To Dl Them From My Blackberry But Cant,and Other Ppl Say They Have Done It And I Have Sent Mp3s To Ppl Who Have Dl Them From There Blackberry So Is It Cuz They Hae Newer Bb's ?
    09-15-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD