I am so happy right now. After waiting 3 months to do it, I FINALLY transferred my music from my computer to my Curve!!! Yeah!!! Of course...it took me almost two hours to get everything just right, mostly because I had to delete many songs that were transferred multiple times and an audio-book ...but I did it!!! I read up on many ways to do it but wound up transferring my files via Blackberry Media Synch. I had not yet downloaded Desktop Manager but did so tonight. I downloaded 4.6 w/o Media manager. There was an option to synch using Blackbery Media Synch. After doing some research on CB, I decided to do it. It was not without problems which I will mention in case someone else encounters them:

1) The synch would start and then stop.... giving me an error message relating to my media card when it got to a particular song. I finally figured out that I had to delete the song within the music library on my PC and then restart again. Unfortunately it did this for four songs but I just kept going back and deleting the offending song. As a result, I had 5 copies of about 50 songs!!! I had to later go back and delete the extra copies which was very time consuming as I could not figure out a way to delete more than one song at a time.

2) I made the mistake of copying my entire libary of "songs." It turns out that EVERYTHING was in that library including a HUGE audio-book. I then had to go back and delete about 60 or so of these files individually. My suggestion, and I am sure that there is probably a better way, is to create a playlist prior to your dowload of only the songs and or audio-books that you want to transfer to your BB so that you do not have items taking up precious space on your BB. At first I had only about 1/2 GB left of my 2 GB card. After deleting everything, I now have 1.5 GB's left. I will mention that I read that it may be easier to just drag your files from the file on the PC to the Media Card file but I did not try this.

Anyway... I have found yet another reason to love my BB. I can listen to my music via the speakerphone without having some gadget attached!!! This is great and not something I even thought about being able to do when I purchased my BB. It will be great to just hit the speakerphone and be able to listen to my music anywhere I like.

BTW...while this program downloaded my Itunes purchases, it only transferred my most recent purchases as the others can't be copied. Getting my older ITunes purchases on my phone is my NEXT project
    Last edited by classc1; 03-29-09 at 10:20 PM.
    03-29-09 10:18 PM
    BB Media Sync is really designed to move iTunes playlists to your BB. I think the idea is is that you put together a playlist for the day or for a trip or something, and then just sync it to your BB. Especially useful if you have something like "TodayPlaylist" in iTunes where you constantly change the music in the play list. One tip is that if you have an album you want to listen to, make a playlist of it and you can use Media Sync to sync it over.

And a caution, since this is the first time you've used it. If you change the list of playlist you're sync and then do another sync, all the old playlists and music are wiped off your BB and only the current list of playlists is sync'd.
    03-30-09 07:11 AM
    BB Media Sync is really designed to move iTunes playlists to your BB. I think the idea is is that you put together a playlist for the day or for a trip or something, and then just sync it to your BB. Especially useful if you have something like "TodayPlaylist" in iTunes where you constantly change the music in the play list. One tip is that if you have an album you want to listen to, make a playlist of it and you can use Media Sync to sync it over.

And a caution, since this is the first time you've used it. If you change the list of playlist you're sync and then do another sync, all the old playlists and music are wiped off your BB and only the current list of playlists is sync'd.
    So glad that said this about changing the playlist and then doing another synch. I guess if I do this again I will only create new playlists to synch. I think I will also try the click and drag method. Thanks...I was just so happy to have music on my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD