Just finished downloading my media software for sync' applications from my lap top to Blackberry. I know for Palm units you can also download pics/files to the handheld but I don't see a provision for that, just music files.

Is there any direct transfer / copy methods to go from laptop to the Blackberry? I'm just trying to move some pics from the camera to my laptop or vice versa....

thanks
    rick
    04-24-08 12:07 PM
    Just finished downloading my media software for sync' applications from my lap top to Blackberry. I know for Palm units you can also download pics/files to the handheld but I don't see a provision for that, just music files.

Is there any direct transfer / copy methods to go from laptop to the Blackberry? I'm just trying to move some pics from the camera to my laptop or vice versa....

thanks
    rick
    Yes, ignore the "media manager" altogether and just use it like a removable storage drive. Go into options > memory card > Mass Storage Mode Support > ON; then scroll down to Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected and choose Yes.

Now, when you plug your BlackBerry into your computer it will show up as a removable drive, just open it and put your pictures on there. The Berry will also prepopulate the media card with a BlackBerry folder, and inside will be 4 sub folders for Music, Videos, Pictures, and Ringtones. Just move your files to the respective folders and you will be all set.
    04-24-08 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD