So I am trying to downgrade from os 4.5 to 4.3, and cant get it to do it.

I deleted the 4.5 per instructions given here -
    How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

and downloaded 4.3 from blackberry site. But when I load desktop manager it does not say anything about recognizing or loading 4.3 os. And asks for some silly unknown select device to connect, pin and password.
    I have no idea what it is talking about or why its asking such. It should not, I do not agree with having such on my own computer.

What specifically, step by step do I need to do to get this 4.5 os back to 4.3?
    Where specifically do i go on web if needed, and using bb or pc, as part of this process?

Device Manager still seems to be 4.7, if that matters?
    10-10-09 05:47 AM
    Start with reading this BlackBerry 101 lecture:

http://crackberry.com/how-downgrade-...erating-system

Also, if you are using DM 4.7, you may have to disable your internet connection.
    10-10-09 06:01 AM
    So I am trying to downgrade from os 4.5 to 4.3, and cant get it to do it.

I deleted the 4.5 per instructions given here -
    How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

and downloaded 4.3 from blackberry site. But when I load desktop manager it does not say anything about recognizing or loading 4.3 os. And asks for some silly unknown select device to connect, pin and password.
    I have no idea what it is talking about or why its asking such. It should not, I do not agree with having such on my own computer.

What specifically, step by step do I need to do to get this 4.5 os back to 4.3?
    Where specifically do i go on web if needed, and using bb or pc, as part of this process?

Device Manager still seems to be 4.7, if that matters?
    Out of curiosity, why are you reverting back to 4.3?

Edit: I just checked out some of your other posts and it seems that you really havent taken the time to read and learn about your device and about how to use a BB and how they Operate. May I suggest that you spend some time reading. A great place to start is the BB101 Lecture Series. It is a wealth of information and will assist you in learning how BBs operate and what you can do with them. I also suggets reading through the BB Help section here at CB. Coming from a different device and a completely different OS it takes some time getting used to. If this is something that you dont want to do then maybe a good idea is to go back to a Palm device, which you are more familiar/comfortable with.

If you want to revert back to 4.3 remove all previous OS's from your PC in Control Panel>Programs as well as all previous OS files in C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files

Then you should only have 4.3 installed on your PC go to C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>AppLoader>Loader Use this instead of DM. AppLoader should automatically load your PIN, then hit next and should be able to downgrade.
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 10-10-09 at 07:20 AM.
    10-10-09 06:58 AM
    Out of curiosity, why are you reverting back to 4.3?

Edit: I just checked out some of your other posts and it seems that you really havent taken the time to read and learn about your device and about how to use a BB and how they Operate. May I suggest that you spend some time reading. A great place to start is the BB101 Lecture Series. It is a wealth of information and will assist you in learning how BBs operate and what you can do with them. I also suggets reading through the BB Help section here at CB. Coming from a different device and a completely different OS it takes some time getting used to. If this is something that you dont want to do then maybe a good idea is to go back to a Palm device, which you are more familiar/comfortable with.

If you want to revert back to 4.3 remove all previous OS's from your PC in Control Panel>Programs as well as all previous OS files in C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files

Then you should only have 4.3 installed on your PC go to C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>AppLoader>Loader Use this instead of DM. AppLoader should automatically load your PIN, then hit next and should be able to downgrade.
    Thank you.
    As I have mentioned, I have been spending way too many hours a day over past week scouring articles suggesting various fixes, none of which have worked so far for me and apparently many, many other bb users.

I just tried the route you mentioned -

"If you want to revert back to 4.3 remove all previous OS's from your PC in Control Panel>Programs as well as all previous OS files in C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files

Then you should only have 4.3 installed on your PC go to C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>AppLoader>Loader Use this instead of DM. AppLoader should automatically load your PIN, then hit next and should be able to downgrade."

- but when I get to Application Loader Wizard the check box for Detect communication port is greyed out and will not allow being checked. And no connection type is listed in drop down box for Connection. As is Next button greyed out.

So I can not go any farther with that process. Though it appears now at least 4.3 is the only os listed on my desktop computer.
    But I have no idea why it is not allowing such to be checked and gone beyond.?
    10-10-09 04:47 PM
    Thank you.
    As I have mentioned, I have been spending way too many hours a day over past week scouring articles suggesting various fixes, none of which have worked so far for me and apparently many, many other bb users.

I just tried the route you mentioned -

"If you want to revert back to 4.3 remove all previous OS's from your PC in Control Panel>Programs as well as all previous OS files in C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files

Then you should only have 4.3 installed on your PC go to C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>AppLoader>Loader Use this instead of DM. AppLoader should automatically load your PIN, then hit next and should be able to downgrade."

- but when I get to Application Loader Wizard the check box for Detect communication port is greyed out and will not allow being checked. And no connection type is listed in drop down box for Connection. As is Next button greyed out.

So I can not go any farther with that process. Though it appears now at least 4.3 is the only os listed on my desktop computer.
    But I have no idea why it is not allowing such to be checked and gone beyond.?
    So what you are saying is that your device is not being recognized by and the PIN is not showing up in the connection window? Try using another USM slot on your PC as well as try loading up DM and see if it connects with your device? You may also want to try to open loader as admin and see if that helps.
    10-10-09 05:06 PM
    You should try using DM for the downgrade. Also as I mentioned, if you are using DM 4.7 or higher, you may have to disable your internet connection.
    10-10-09 05:40 PM
    So what you are saying is that your device is not being recognized by and the PIN is not showing up in the connection window? Try using another USM slot on your PC as well as try loading up DM and see if it connects with your device? You may also want to try to open loader as admin and see if that helps.
    That is correct. Thank you.

I have tried other slots. And the bb was recognized fine until I followed advice on this and other forums of removing the 4.5 os and deleting the file mentioned. And installed the 4.3 os .exe file on my desktop computer.
    Now the 4.7 dm does not recognize the bb when it is connected, and asks for the PIN and such as mentioned which I have no idea what that is to answer its request, so can go no farther.

And could go no farther on last attempted process than mentioned, where check box is greyed out, when I loaded up DM 4.7. I opened loader.exe as admin and that is still what happened. I also disabled my internet connection, none of which helped at all. Check box remained greyed out.
    DM did not help with downgrading, never even recognized or gave option to install earlier os of 4.3 anywhere I saw.

So I just uninstalled the 4.7 DM.
    Maybe something will happen eventually positive?
    Last edited by oceansea; 10-10-09 at 05:50 PM.
    10-10-09 05:42 PM
    There's no reason to downgrade to 4.3 it sucks compared to 4.5.
    10-10-09 08:37 PM
    There's no reason to downgrade to 4.3 it sucks compared to 4.5.
    I have read that quite a few people have experienced loss of video file playback functionality with many of their video files that played fine on their bb before their upgrade to 4.5 from 4.3, so am trying it.

I uninstalled desktop manager 4.7 and installed DM 4.3. However still when I go to application loader wizard, and to Communication Port Selection, the Connection drop down menu is blank, and Detect communication port check box and name is greyed out, so I can not select where the 4.3 os is to load it.

Thus, stuck still.
    Last edited by oceansea; 10-10-09 at 08:56 PM.
    10-10-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD