Hi, I'm using DM 4.7 with a BB8310. I'm having a few problems with this DM and would like to use 4.6. Do I have to uninstall 4.7 before installing 4.6. Will I have to install the OS4.5 in my computer again. BTW, i'm with ATT.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cuco
    12-24-08 05:26 PM
    Yes you will have to uninstall DM 4.7 first. Usually uninstalling DM
    uninstalls my OS also, so that is a possibility. The carrier you are
    on makes no difference to the process.
    12-24-08 05:29 PM
    Thanks, amazingly, will try it...

Cuco
    12-24-08 05:39 PM
    When I tried to uninstall DM 4.7 a message came up saying "Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action" Then that the wizard was interrupted before BB desktop could be uninstalled.

Anybody has any idea as to how to remove 4.7 and install 4.6.

Thanks,

Cuco
    12-24-08 05:54 PM
    When had probs with DM just reinstalled and named it Blackberry1 for installation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 06:16 PM
    Ok, people, this is ridiculous, I can't remove 4.7, I can't reinstall 4.7, I cant repair 4.7, I tried Your Uninstaller 2007 and it couldn't remove 4.7, I think 4.7 is alive in my computer and it just doesn't want to be removed!!!

Short of nuking the computer, anybody has had a similar problem and knows how to get rid of this darned 4.7...

Please.....

Cuco
    12-24-08 06:34 PM
    When I tried to uninstall DM 4.7 a message came up saying "Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action" Then that the wizard was interrupted before BB desktop could be uninstalled.

Anybody has any idea as to how to remove 4.7 and install 4.6.
    Did a quick search and found this. Maybe it will help.

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator
    * 1.1 Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
    * 1.2 Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
    2. Type cd c:\windows\system32 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
    3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
    12-24-08 06:35 PM
    I have had problems with other software in the past and just booted the computer in safe mode. Should allow you to uninstall DM 7.

12-24-08 07:25 PM
    Did a quick search and found this. Maybe it will help.

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator
    * 1.1 Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
    * 1.2 Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
    2. Type cd c:\windows\system32 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
    3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

Amazingly, do you know what's supposed to happen when I hit enter?

Cuco
    12-25-08 04:58 AM
    Here you go guys, maybe this will help:
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...-software.html
    12-25-08 05:10 AM
    Godsdragon, I'm stuck in the first task of your suggestion, it says to uninstall the BB Desktop software. That's the thing that it won't let me do, remove 4.7.

Can I just remove the directory is installed on? and then continue with the rest of the tasks as your link suggested.

Thanks,

Cuco
    12-25-08 05:02 PM
    Godsdragon, I'm stuck in the first task of your suggestion, it says to uninstall the BB Desktop software. That's the thing that it won't let me do, remove 4.7.

Can I just remove the directory is installed on? and then continue with the rest of the tasks as your link suggested.

Thanks,

Cuco
    Not sure Cuco, better find a better guru to answer your question.
    Ed

12-25-08 05:23 PM
    Well, Godsdragon, I think there is no guru able to help me with this problem. I was finally able to remove this $##@ 4.7, Following suggestions, I completely removed it, RIM directory and all. I was so happy!!! Then I tried to install 4.6, a message came up saying that "The wizard was interrupted before BB desktop could be completely installed". Then I tried installing 4.7 with the same results. I don't know what to do now, guys, shoot my BB ang get an iPhone?, shoot my computer? Realize that I'm too old to even have a cellphone? hehehe.

Any help appreciated!!!

Cuco
    12-26-08 12:26 PM
    my suggestion would be to make sure you aren't running anything else on your computer while you're downloading DM 4.7, I've done it a few times with no problem. Instead of running the program, save it to My Documents and then try running the program from there. The file is fairly large, so running it from the site if your computer isn't up to speed will cause problems.
    12-26-08 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD