Okay, so I just set up my e-mail for my new BB Curve...

Didn't know that was how it worked - pretty much instant - which is pretty darn cool...but what does this do to my battery?

I am already suffering with poor battery life (barely make it a day) as it is with hardly any usage, but LOVE this feature...and don't want to have to turn it off...

Thoughts?
    10-26-08 09:50 AM
    Works well with mine...

Are you closing your apps properly?

Do you run facebook?
    10-26-08 09:56 AM
    I have not installed any of the apps on my blackberry yet...

...and how does one "close" the apps properly? Is there a way to see all the "running" apps like on a WinMo Phone?

I just notice the arrows in the corner seem to always be on...and it is ALWAYS going from 1XEV to 1X...
    10-26-08 10:02 AM
    To close an app properly, press the Blackberry button and choose the "Close" option. That will shut the app down appropriately.
    10-26-08 10:05 AM
    Instead of using the back key, or the escape key (the one next to the trackball on the right) hit menu then scroll down to close..

It maybe though, after reading your last line, bad covereage therefore its always searching for a good signal... that happens too..

I remember a while ago, on another phone I had, I had coverage issues, so I called t mo and they did something on their end, and it went fine, some kind of update to thier towers or whatnot, I dont know, Im not technical LOL but yeah..
    10-26-08 10:05 AM
    Yeah - at work I have poor coverage, and it kills me. I have to set the phone to "Home Only" and turn data "Off"

Which, brings me to my next question...does the e-mail feature require "data"???
    10-26-08 10:10 AM
    Yes, without the bis addon, you won't get push email, and then you would need to go on-line to check your email, but you can't do that without data unless you do pay as you go and spend big bucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 12:18 PM
    Oh, I have teh BIS data plan, I was just wondering what would happen if I turned "data" off on my phone...would I still get PUSH email...???
    10-26-08 12:21 PM
    Oh, I have teh BIS data plan, I was just wondering what would happen if I turned "data" off on my phone...would I still get PUSH email...???
    Nope you will need data on to receive push email or any other application that uses data.

With data off your phone will just function like a normal cell with PIM features.
    10-26-08 12:40 PM
    Nope you will need data on to receive push email or any other application that uses data.

With data off your phone will just function like a normal cell with PIM features.
    BBM works off your PIN and requires data, it will only work if data is turned on.
    10-26-08 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD