Does this exist?
    My ideal theme would be a cross between Today and Zen

It would have on homescreen both email accounts with it's OWN icon.
    Calendar with the next 2 appointments
    SMS icon.
    Call log icon

Then on right side, I can set up the top 5 icons.

The main thing I'm hoping for is:
    1> I've got bb email and personal email accts. Like to have different icons for each.
    2> Instead of icons, can I have the name instead of picture? ie - instead of a picture of a wrench, it would say "options" in text.

Thanks
    04-15-08 10:47 AM
    you can try to look for the L theme try here www.themesforbb.com
    04-15-08 10:50 AM
    There is a theme I downloaded (sorry, not sure where) that is called the "BB DimensionToday Plus" theme.
    It has the usual today theme as front page, but you scroll the wheel to the right & it becomes the zen theme on the right side.
    There is a small white arrow on the inactive side, indicating which way to scroll so you can activate the other screen.

It is pretty cool, It has Messages / Calendar / Call Log / Applications on the Today side & then I think 6 of your top icons on the Zen side.

Anyway, good Luck.
    -Dave
    Last edited by _dave_; 04-15-08 at 11:30 AM. Reason: remembered something else
    04-15-08 11:27 AM
    Yh try what Dave said. I've tried that one before. I got it from the bbhelp help website was pretty good but I swapped it for something more girly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 04:06 PM
    Yh try what Dave said. I've tried that one before. I got it from the bbhelp help website was pretty good but I swapped it for something more girly

04-15-08 04:08 PM
    double post lol^^
    the closest is the today plus theme, thats what i use
    mobile.blackberry.com from your browser
    04-15-08 05:59 PM
    My ideal theme would be set up as a Today Plus theme as follows:

Calendar
    Tasks
    Call Log

Having an icon for the Applications is redudndant is you ask me when all you have to do is press the menu key from the today screen. As I said at the top this would be a Today plus theme that would allow you to put your top 6 on the Zen to the Right or maybe show them on the home screen all the time.
    04-15-08 07:10 PM
    the problem is that the today plus style isn't one of the choices within Plazmic.

The Applications icons sucks, I agree, but this is most probably also a limitation of Plazmic.
    04-16-08 04:23 PM
    My ideal theme would be set up as a Today Plus theme as follows:

Calendar
    Tasks
    Call Log

Having an icon for the Applications is redudndant is you ask me when all you have to do is press the menu key from the today screen. As I said at the top this would be a Today plus theme that would allow you to put your top 6 on the Zen to the Right or maybe show them on the home screen all the time.
    I'm actually kind of amazed how bad the included themes are for business users. And weren't Blackberries supposed to be for business users?
    I'm also struggling with how hard it is to find themes. There are never good descriptions and just a screenshot or two, but no functional description.
    The closest I've seen is BB DimensionToday Plus. But even this one is kind of weak. Like why put applications on home screen when you can press menu button. Also, why do we have to remember what all the icons are for. Why not have labels on each icon. Also, the calendar items don't have times next to them like the standard Today one has.

This being said, I think it may a limitation of the BB OS that prevents developers from making good themes. So is there someone out there that can make custom themes? I'll pay.
    04-16-08 10:43 PM
    Yep, another thing I like about my (very old) Windows Mobile handset.

A totally customizable Today screen that doesn't have anything to do with the theme you set...
    04-23-08 11:18 AM
    Go to gadgetbean.com, JC designs has some really cool themes...sure you'll find one that's close to what you described.
    04-23-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD