all my contact just disappeared today. i had like 25 contact and today they were all gone out of the blue. i also had a couple weeks of messages and all of those were gone but todays.... i didnt delete anything at all.

what can i do to get rid of the virus?

thanks for your help
    04-07-10 05:41 PM
    There are no known viruses on BlackBerry.

Give more details.

What have you done or added or delete recently from the device?
    What were you doing when (or right before) this happened?
    What's your File Free?
    What OS version is on the device?
    Have you checked the Filters in your Address Book/Contacts?
    Did you sync to a computer? Google Sync? Something else?
    04-07-10 05:46 PM
    it happened within the last 2 hours. im not sure when exactly.

in the last two hours........

i connected the media card to my mac and put music on my blackberry. not there now
    deleted my facebook app.
    i had it connected to desktop manager on my mac but i didnt change anything.or sync that i know of

file free 44924492 bytes
    i have newest OS 4.5.0.175
    04-07-10 05:59 PM
    For the future, use google Sync as an automatic backup for your contacts and calendar entries. Even if you don't have a google account, its a good step.
    04-07-10 06:08 PM
    I have experienced similar problem. Lost all my contacts, over 100. Replaced them all by hand. Did a battery pull and after, found duplicate contacts for all! Spent the next 15 min. deleting all the duplicates. Do a battery pull wait for it to boot back up and chances are they will all reappear. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 07:18 PM
    i have done a battery pull and still nothing there........
    04-07-10 07:46 PM
    I don't know if its possible but did they end up in your media card?

04-07-10 07:52 PM
    nope checked the media card and everywhere else i can think off there just gone......
    04-07-10 08:04 PM
    You should try and talk to one of the mediators of this section. Your problem is beyond my scope. One thing I noticed is that my contacts did not reappear till after keying them back in then I got doubles. Look around the site and maybe even send an email. The guys who run this place are top notch when it comes to solving mysteries. Good luck sorry I couldn't help!

04-07-10 09:21 PM
    all my contact just disappeared today. i had like 25 contact and today they were all gone out of the blue. i also had a couple weeks of messages and all of those were gone but todays.... i didnt delete anything at all.

what can i do to get rid of the virus?

thanks for your help
    U r talking about yur contact in yur address book and not yur BBM contacts, right?
    04-07-10 09:38 PM
    yea the contacts in address book.
    04-07-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD