I fired my old one up on Tmob for unlimited voice/txt/data for $50/month no contract (cheap!). I'll use it in the UK this month via UMA to save money calling/txt the US. It's not as glitzy as my Droid Incredible but for messages it gets the job done just fine thank you. As long as I stay away from web pages the thing is pretty sweet. I can type faster on it too, I don't care what the touchscreen junkies say either.
    09-13-11 01:46 PM
    I walked into my office this morning and one of my helpdesk guys had used a couple of 8330s in a rather unique way:

It really cracked me up and I thought of this thread
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 09-14-11 at 08:16 PM.
    09-14-11 08:12 PM
    I am using 8330 and love it. I know there older phones but they work great.
    12-31-11 01:27 PM
    I was thinking of reactivating my old 8330. I really liked using it. It has been a while, but do the updated versions of BBM and app world work on it? What is the latest official OS from Verizon?
    01-24-12 03:54 PM
    I'm posting this using my 2nd 8330m. The 1st re-furb wouldn't charge correctly. My original 8330 still works great except for usb port has come loose from the board. I left Sprint and the 8330 behind in Dec. 2010. Went to another carrier & Galaxy S android phone, but missed the old Curve. So in Aug. 2011 I re-activated it on Sprint. The 8330 is a workhorse for me. Soon I'll be trying a 7250 just for fun. I'm keeping all my 8330 sets for spares. Sounds corny, I know, but they're like a favorite hand-tool, sweater, or old pair of shoes. We just keep reaching for what we're comfortable with that gets the job done for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 11:19 PM
    Well, it's a component that includes the trackball and that little silver ring around it. Order one, and take a look at it before you attempt it, but I just watched them carefully pry the assembly out with a little flat tool, and it comes right off. I would turn the device off before doing the job and I'll bet there's a good set of instructions to be found right here on cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi Everyone,

Have a BB 8330 Curve and a BB 9800 Torch. My favourite, by far, is my beloved 8330. I use it to send and receive emails (5 accounts), do Google searches, surf the internet constantly, as well as place orders online for various items that I wish to buy. This 'baby' has NEVER failed me!! The only thing I've had to do is replace the trackball. I ordered a new one from crackberry.com, and after watching a CrackBerry tutorial - did it myself in less than 2 minutes.

I lOVE the keyboard on this device as well as the LONG battery life (I just charge it up every 2 days or so). The 8330 is great for making and receiving phone calls, and the Speakerphone feature is a pleasure to use.

My 8330 is built like a 'tank' and the reliabilty and stability is "second to none." I've had it for more than 4 years, dropped it countless times, and it still works as well as the first day I got it! I just can't say enough good things about my trusty 8330.
    - CB
    Last edited by CarBob; 02-12-12 at 06:50 AM.
    02-12-12 06:43 AM
    I have an HTC EVo for my personal phone and until this morning had a Nextel Brute for my work phone. The Brute starting cracking at the hinge, so I picked up an 8330 this morning for $40 off craigslist. So far so good.
    02-14-12 05:07 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Have a BB 8330 Curve and a BB 9800 Torch. My favourite, by far, is my beloved 8330. I use it to send and receive emails (5 accounts), do Google searches, surf the internet constantly, as well as place orders online for various items that I wish to buy. This 'baby' has NEVER failed me!! The only thing I've had to do is replace the trackball. I ordered a new one from crackberry.com, and after watching a CrackBerry tutorial - did it myself in less than 2 minutes.

I lOVE the keyboard on this device as well as the LONG battery life (I just charge it up every 2 days or so). The 8330 is great for making and receiving phone calls, and the Speakerphone feature is a pleasure to use.

My 8330 is built like a 'tank' and the reliabilty and stability is "second to none." I've had it for more than 4 years, dropped it countless times, and it still works as well as the first day I got it! I just can't say enough good things about my trusty 8330.
    - CB
    I ordered a black trackball and black ring on eBay and am waiting patiently for it to arrive. I can't wait to see my device when I'm done. The black with the silver should be sweet. I just came back to BB through the 8330. I think that I'm going to keep it for a while.
    03-01-12 11:03 AM
    I had a vzw Curve 8330 before I upgraded a couple of years ago to the 9650. I still have the 8330 in a drawer. It was one solid device.
    03-01-12 12:32 PM
    I had a vzw Curve 8330 before I upgraded a couple of years ago to the 9650. I still have the 8330 in a drawer. It was one solid device.
    I'm like you, except I went to the 9650 this past June. I use Desktop Software and load certain things (calendar, tasks, memos, contacts, password keeper) from my 9650's backups onto my 8330m. That way if my 9650 is ever lost or stolen, and I need some of the information right away, all I have to do is turn on my Curve. Just gotta charge the battery every few weeks.
    03-01-12 12:49 PM
    I just got the black trackball and ring today. Very happy with the look of this.
    03-06-12 02:56 PM
    Wow, that's a great looking 8330. I think it's cool people are still using them.
    03-07-12 08:13 AM
    My other phone broke. So I went back to this one. Got some updated accessories and I can honestly say that I'm pleased with it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the current devices, but it is still a really good phone.
    03-07-12 10:06 AM
    Yea, I have one, too. Though I'm using a 9650 now, I love the Curve, and I'm saving it as a backup. I even keep it updated with various components from my Bold's backups.
    03-07-12 10:23 AM
    Yea, I have one, too. Though I'm using a 9650 now, I love the Curve, and I'm saving it as a backup. I even keep it updated with various components from my Bold's backups.
    You should try fixing it up. All it takes is a couple of upgrades and the phone feels brand new. I actually missed the trackball. And the keyboard is just so solid. It is good to be back.
    03-07-12 10:49 AM
    Me! Me!

At least next week when i got my paycheck

Gotta get myself a curvey
    04-24-12 06:04 AM
    Me! Me!

At least next week when i got my paycheck

Gotta get myself a curvey
    I can sense your excitement. I too was excited when I bought this 8330 a few months back. It is odd being excited about a phone that is years old and one that I have already owned. But it was very exciting for me and I still love the fact that I can still use it and do all of the things that I want and need to do on a smartphone. Congrats on coming back to the best BB in my opinion.
    04-25-12 05:02 AM
    I can sense your excitement. I too was excited when I bought this 8330 a few months back. It is odd being excited about a phone that is years old and one that I have already owned. But it was very exciting for me and I still love the fact that I can still use it and do all of the things that I want and need to do on a smartphone. Congrats on coming back to the best BB in my opinion.
    Done!

Had it for about $55 secondhand, reconditioned with local warranty still 17months to go
    its from USCellular, but it has been unlocked with local operator

Boy...it does look SOOO old side-by-side my Monza and wife's jennings
    04-26-12 10:20 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD