Does 10th incorrect password attempt wipe out your third party applications that you've downloaded, or just the information stored in the device? I'm at my last attempt in trying to figure out my key store password and figuring I just may as well go ahead and wipe it since I have a recent backup.

I just don't want to install all my apps over again. Any information in regards to this is appreciated.
    08-19-08 11:48 PM
    Scratch that, come to find out it only erased my key store passwords, which I'm doubting I had any in this device.
    08-19-08 11:50 PM
    Really that's the only thing it erases after the 10th try???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 11:56 PM
    Well, entering the wrong "password keeper" password in ten times, all it did was erase the keystore. However, entering the wrong device password in ten times I would imagine wipes your entire blackberry.
    08-19-08 11:59 PM
    Correct. Entering the wrong password keeper password 10 times only wipes out that one application. Entering the wrong device password 10 times wipes the device. In that case, you would have lost your 3rd party apps.

08-20-08 12:06 AM
    Thank you JeffH, I was kind of hoping someone would answer that question just for future reference. I doubt I'll ever forget my device password, I just must have made a typing error when I set up my keystore password.
    08-20-08 12:22 AM
    my phone just got wiped. what does this mean i dont get it.
    06-28-11 04:24 AM
    Actually, a 10-try security Wipe doesnt wipe out your 3rd party apps at all. But, any 3rd party apps that had a password in them will need to have their activation keys entered and permissions sent again.

I did this to my old Tour on an experimenr to see what the Security Wipe actually does. Since I had all the data on backup, it was no loss to see what happened.

None of my 3rd party apps were gone, and using my activation codes, all of the paid apps are active on the device.

06-28-11 05:02 AM
    This is a 3 year old thread. I wonder if I was wrong when I answered the question in 2008, or if the functionality has changed.
    06-28-11 08:04 AM
    My son was playing with my phone and after the 10th try my phone was wiped. I lost my apps, all my contacts and the themes I downloaded. But when I reloaded my OS the hourglass issue I was having went away....
    07-08-11 09:17 AM
    My son was playing with my phone and after the 10th try my phone was wiped. I lost my apps, all my contacts and the themes I downloaded. But when I reloaded my OS the hourglass issue I was having went away....
    A BlackBerry can benefit from an occasional OS reload. Device memory gets a little fragmented over time, just as a computer can. Battery pulls can help clean things some, but a periodic fresh install can make quite a differencevv

07-08-11 02:31 PM
    i had attempted wrong device password for 10 times.my device was not waking up .just it was showing an revolving blue colour circle.how much time it would take to get my phone back to normal state?????
    06-05-14 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD