Just curious what most people use when just trying to retrieve or call a number I find my self clicking the address book icon more even tho just holding the talk button is eaiser I guess... I dunno maybe just habit or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 12:37 PM
    Hmmm i use the address book, I have it as one of my convienience keys.
    10-10-08 12:38 PM
    why dont you just type the name of the person you want? do you not enable dialing from home screen? I personally find that easier than having to pull up an address book or hold talk....so i guess none of the above?
    10-10-08 12:55 PM
    i just start typing the name of the person i'm going to call and the address book pops up automatically. saves a step i guess.
    10-10-08 12:55 PM
    I have dial from homescreen off so I can use the keys for shortcuts.
    10-10-08 12:57 PM
    I use to use the address book. But, After finding out that you can press and hold the talk button I'll use that more often now. Thx
    10-10-08 12:58 PM
    I just start typing the name and then scroll to the number I want to call and hit talk.
    10-10-08 01:01 PM
    Just my opinion ...

I exclusivley use the address book because the contact list from the dial approach has a quirk which annoys me. The address list in the dialing method automatically expands to show phone numbers for each contact as you scroll down the screen. For long lists when you're driving, when you're only using one hand - this is a pain.

The main address book does not do this and I prefer to see the available phone numbers after I select the contact.

W.

10-10-08 01:03 PM
    Wow I didn't know you could hold "talk" to pull up the address book; I was wasting one of my convenience keys for it...but thanks for letting me know, now I'll be able to put something else there.
    10-10-08 03:38 PM
    I do both actually according to if Im holding the kids and dialing or sitting on the sofa and calling lol!
    10-10-08 03:40 PM
    I didnt know that you could hold down the send key to get to the address book, but I have dial from the home screen on, and just type the name when I want to call some one
    10-10-08 03:41 PM
    Mostly via the dial key.
    10-10-08 04:06 PM
    Wow! I'm glad you all told me about holding down the Send key. I used to dial from the home screen. I found out I could pretty much do it by pressing the Send key, then typing the name or number. Now finding out that I can hold down the Send key is even better. I can really take adavantage of using keys as shortcuts now to open applications.
    10-10-08 04:11 PM
    Hmmm i use the address book, I have it as one of my convienience keys.
    same here!!
    10-10-08 04:14 PM
    I just use the shortcut key. I don't use the send key because my contacts have multiple numbers so I need to see which number I am calling.
    10-10-08 04:17 PM
    I have address book as my left convinient key and I also dial from the Home Screen. Don't know which one I use most. I use both failry well.

10-10-08 05:09 PM
    I do both as well. It mostly depends on the situation.

10-10-08 05:49 PM
    I guess I am a whatever I do that time person... Since 3 this afternoon I've dialed from the home screen, pushed the send button and clicked on the contact list... I guess I'm either not too consistent or just really flexible!
    10-10-08 07:25 PM
    I didnt know that you could hold down the send key to get to the address book, but I have dial from the home screen on, and just type the name when I want to call some one
    same here.

also i got a buddy stationed there as an mp in the army.
    10-10-08 07:28 PM
    umm send key only shows recent calls. How do I get phone book to show?
    10-10-08 08:53 PM
    Hold it down

10-10-08 08:59 PM
    umm send key only shows recent calls. How do I get phone book to show?
    I have the same thing - even if I hold it down - but press it once and then press and hold it a second time from the recent calls screen and it comes up on mine
    10-10-08 09:28 PM
    That's awesome I didn't know I could do that

10-10-08 10:47 PM
    i used to dial the name. now after finding out about holding the send key, i may start utilizing that more often.
    10-10-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD