"You're not gonna believe this sh*t." I got my new trackball yesterday, and while I was trying to put it on my phone, "IT CAME APART" in as many different pieces as possible. I've been f*cking with it since about 4pm yesterday trying to get it put back together, and it seems the only hold up is..... EVERYTHING! I was trying to mix-match the two trackball assemblies, and was finally able to figure out how to put it back together, but the metal ring that holds the assembly together has been inadvertantly "waded-up", so to speak. I have tried my best to get it as straight as possible, but "it will not" straighten back out enough to hold the trackball assembly together. I'm not sure what I can do at this point. I'm almost afraid to buy another trackball, but I really have no choice. Do I? Does anyone know where I can a trackball that is specifically made for the Blackberry Curve 8310. The replacement I received was purchased off of Ebay, from a site/store in Hong Kong, and I don't want to wait another 3 weeks for another one to get here. I've been to my local AT&T stores, and they are pretty much clueless!
    06-14-09 11:14 AM
    Once you bend up that thin piece of assembly metal, it's all over. Buy a new one.
    06-14-09 11:34 AM
    I hate to be an ***** w/ this website, however does anyone know how I can change my "newbie" status to abuser? I've searched and can't find that and also, can someone tell me how to post a forum? I can't find that either on this site, it doesn't like me too well I don't think!

Please private msg me the details on both please.

Thanks in adavance for any help you all can provide me!!
    06-14-09 11:36 AM
    I hate to be an ***** w/ this website, however does anyone know how I can change my "newbie" status to abuser? I've searched and can't find that and also, can someone tell me how to post a forum? I can't find that either on this site, it doesn't like me too well I don't think!

That can not be changed by you. It goes according the number of posts you have. Once you post count reaches 100, you will become an "Abuser".
    06-14-09 11:40 AM
    Once you bend up that thin piece of assembly metal, it's all over. Buy a new one.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. The only other thing I'm afraid of, like I said, is that the damn thing will come apart again during installation.
    06-14-09 11:42 AM

Info found here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/welcome-read-first-12/
    06-14-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks Iceman. I knew that stuff was here somewhere.
    06-14-09 11:47 AM
    Thanks Iceman. I knew that stuff was here somewhere.
    No problem j_bow anytime. Now getting us back on topic here. Have you checked here on crackberry for a trackball? You should get it quick...

BlackBerry Replacement Trackball for Curve 8310
    06-14-09 11:58 AM
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. The only other thing I'm afraid of, like I said, is that the damn thing will come apart again during installation.
    Just be careful not to man-handle your trackball assembly next time.

*speaks in kung-fu master voice*

"Remember...you are the surgeon and that Curve is your patient. Treat Curve like virgin on prom night and use 'Delicate Finger Method' grasshoppah."
    06-14-09 01:29 PM
    Just be careful not to man-handle your trackball assembly next time.

*speaks in kung-fu master voice*

"Remember...you are the surgeon and that Curve is your patient. Treat Curve like virgin on prom night and use 'Delicate Finger Method' grasshoppah."
    Now thats funny 1 2.
    Im wondering if the OP didnt happen to get one that was already coming apart. Ive changed mine tons of times and the only time I've had one do this is when I intentionally took it apart.
    06-14-09 01:33 PM
    True. Defective trackballs aren't un-common.
    06-14-09 01:47 PM
    After my debacle with the reason for this post, I bought one from the states, instead of from Hong Kong, installation was a snap. Pun intended!!!! Lol I FINALLY HAVE A TRACKBALL AGAIN!!!! Too bad its not the red one I wanted! Oh well. It works!!!! That's all that matters to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 03:34 PM
    After my debacle with the reason for this post, I bought one from the states, instead of from Hong Kong, installation was a snap. Pun intended!!!! Lol I FINALLY HAVE A TRACKBALL AGAIN!!!! Too bad its not the red one I wanted! Oh well. It works!!!! That's all that matters to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good to see you have it in working order again.
    06-18-09 03:42 PM
    yeah mine exploded on me the first time i tried ot clean it. was NOT happy. took me abotu an horu and a half to put it back together wiht my chubby, fumbling fingers
    06-18-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD