After doing a software reload courtesy AT&T Support, my email account is receiving email on the phone but is not reconciling (i.e. deleting deleted messages on server and vice versa). When I went searching for the Email Reconciliation settings it does not appear as an option when I go to Messages > Options. How do you get to Email Reconciliation if it's not there?

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin
    12-06-10 02:41 PM
    Open your Main messages folder. Menu/Options/Email Reconciliation. Make sure to select each email account from the pull down box and edit the settings to your preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 03:10 PM
    That's right where I'm going but Email Reconciliation is not an option listed. All that is listed there is General Options and Spell Check. I've gone ahead into General Options too and it is not there either.
    12-06-10 03:57 PM
    You must be using something other than Os5. I wouldn't know where else to look, sorry I can't be more help.

kingtech likes this.
    12-06-10 05:38 PM
    Found this , but I don't know if it will help you.

What does Wireless Reconcile mean?

This only applies to devices using version 1.8 of the Blackberry Internet Service. If you are using version 2.4 of the Blackberry Internet Service then this does not apply to you. Blackberry email is available on both the handheld device and the Blackberry Internet Service webclient. Wireless Reconcile is a way of matching the two, so that you can manage your emails on either the handheld or the webclient without needing to carry out the same actions on each. If you delete an email using the handheld, you can use Wireless Reconcile to cause the email to be deleted on the webclient, or if you want to delete several emails at the same time you can use the webclient to delete in bulk and then carry out a Wireless Reconcile to cause them to be deleted from the handheld. By default, Wireless Email Reconciliation is disabled.

To enable Wireless Reconcile from the handheld device:

From the main screen on the handheld, select Messages.
    Click the trackwheel and from the menu select Options.
    Scroll down to the email options and click the trackwheel to change the Delete On option to Mailbox & Handheld
    Scroll to the option for Wireless Reconcile and click the trackwheel to change the option to On
    Click the trackwheel and click Save
    To enable Wireless Reconcile from the webclient:

Select Profile
    In the Wireless Delete Options section click on permanent deletion
    Click in the box so that there is a tick next to Enable permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from the handheld.
    Click Save
    The next time your device polls for a GPRS connection, the handheld device and the webclient will be reconciled. You can force an immediate reconcile by selecting the 'Messages' icon on the handheld, clicking the trackwheel and selecting 'Reconcile Now' from the menu. This will force an immediate reconcile with the mailbox.

kingtech likes this.
    12-06-10 05:53 PM
    Thank you both very much for your assistance. I did solve this last night though by deleting the email account and adding it again. It then gave me the account icon on the main screen as well as gave me the Email Reconciliation settings.

Kevin
    12-07-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD