Does anyone know what the "do not disturb" box in the profiles section does? It is under the "phone" settings.

I am using an 8330.

Thanks!
    07-30-08 11:21 AM
    Does anyone know what the "do not disturb" box in the profiles section does? It is under the "phone" settings.

I am using an 8330.

Thanks!

well if you have it in the do not disturb mode your phone wont ring for that profile.....is you dont have it on then it will ring....when its on the call goes straight to voice mail and you dont even know it ringed
    07-30-08 03:21 PM
    Yes for example also, if you change your sms profile options to "do not disturb," then if you receive a text during a phone call it won't notify you. But if you have the box unchecked, then you will hear an audible beep notification when you receive a text

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 03:25 PM
    Can anyone show me how to get there, I went to options but I don't know where to go from there to get to "do not disturb"

I didn't even know that I had an option like this.
    07-30-08 03:35 PM
    Yes for example also, if you change your sms profile options to "do not disturb," then if you receive a text during a phone call it won't notify you. But if you have the box unchecked, then you will hear an audible beep notification when you receive a text

thank you so much!

i wondered why it wouldn't tell me when i got a text
    07-30-08 03:38 PM
    Can anyone show me how to get there, I went to options but I don't know where to go from there to get to "do not disturb"

I didn't even know that I had an option like this.
    Go to:

Profiles (click)
    Scroll down to Advanced (click)
    Highlight a profile
    Hit the Menu Key
    Click Edit
    Scroll to Phone (click)
    Scroll to the very bottom
    DO NOT DISTURB YES/NO

You can also do this with the SMS. At the bottom it says NOTIFY ME DURING CALLS YES/NO
    Last edited by chrisy520; 07-30-08 at 04:16 PM.
    07-30-08 04:03 PM
    Go to:

Profiles (click)
    Scroll down to Advanced (click)
    Highlight a profile
    Hit the Menu Key
    Click Edit
    Scroll to Phone (click)
    Scroll to the very bottom
    DO NOT DISTURB YES/NO

You can also do this with the SMS. At the bottom it says NOTIFY ME DURING CALLS YES/NO
    Thanks!! Now I know.
    07-31-08 01:37 PM
    You're welcome! i was wondering why i wasn't get sms alerts during a phone call!

07-31-08 03:10 PM
    I never knew this how cool.
    07-31-08 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD