I have a curve 8310 with ATT as my provider. I have the data plan with 200 texts. When i get an email to my email address and it shows up in my sms blackberry inbox does this email count against my 200 texts? And if so how can i stop receiving these emails to my inbox so it doesnt chew my texts up?
    05-14-09 10:19 AM
    Perhaps we should define our terms.

I have the data plan with 200 texts....
    Do you have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) plan? That is different from a voice only plan with SMS data.

If you have the correct plan, have you configured your Email accounts? A message sent to your email should arrive on both your computer and your BlackBerry.

You can configure multiple Email address, each will have a seperate inbox and will appear in the common Email folder.

If you are receiving text messages from non-BlackBerry mobile users, they will counted in your SMS plan.

how can i stop receiving these emails to my inbox so it doesnt chew my texts up?
    Options / Security Options / Firewall. You can select which message types to block or allow.
    05-14-09 10:26 AM
    Perhaps we should define our terms.

Do you have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) plan? That is different from a voice only plan with SMS data.

I have a voice plan and blackberry personal data plan which includes unlimited data and 200 sms texts
    If you have the correct plan, have you configured your Email accounts? A message sent to your email should arrive on both your computer and your BlackBerry.
    i have configured my email address on my blackberry and I receive my emails on blackberry and also in my email.

You can configure multiple Email address, each will have a seperate inbox and will appear in the common Email folder.
    If you are receiving text messages from non-BlackBerry mobile users, they will counted in your SMS plan.
    whoa whoa wait......Blackberry users can sms text each other free?????

Options / Security Options / Firewall. You can select which message types to block or allow.
    thank you!!!!
    05-14-09 11:06 AM
    so do emails sent to my blackberry count against my sms text plan?
    05-14-09 11:23 AM
    Emails are data, SMS are not. So no.
    05-14-09 11:24 AM
    "If you are receiving text messages from non-BlackBerry mobile users, they will counted in your SMS plan."

BBMs are free, and only with blackberry users, they use data, your regular text msgs will count unless you are in some kind of *circle* or *in* plan with your provider.
    05-14-09 11:25 AM
    They shouldn't if you have the data plan. I have the data plan and no Text plan and according to my account I have no texts but I receive about 20 - 30 emails a day.

You can check your account online at the AT&T website and check on your data usage to make sure.
    05-14-09 11:26 AM
    "If you are receiving text messages from non-BlackBerry mobile users, they will counted in your SMS plan."

BBMs are free, and only with blackberry users, they use data, your regular text msgs will count unless you are in some kind of *circle* or *in* plan with your provider.
    ok just got of the phone with att. they stated emails sent to my blackberry dont go against sms allowance. But they did state that if i send a sms text to another blackberry or receive one from another blackberry then that does go against the allowance. When you say bbms are free are you referring to using blackberry messenger?
    05-14-09 11:33 AM
    Yes, bbm = blackberry messenger.
    05-14-09 11:34 AM
    Yes, bbm = blackberry messenger.
    awesome!!!
    05-14-09 11:46 AM
    I suspect I introduced the confusion on that point.

A non-BlackBerry user must use SMS, where a BlackBerry users will use BlackBerry Messenger instead of SMS.

It is possible to SMS text between BlackBerry too.
    05-14-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD