Do I need turn my bb off every now and then? Is this needed?
    08-03-08 10:34 PM
    It is definitely helpful to do a batt pull every once in a while, as this frees up mem and refeshes the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 10:36 PM
    It is definitely helpful to do a batt pull every once in a while, as this frees up mem and refeshes the phone.

exactly what jenna said ditto
    08-03-08 10:38 PM

This wont cause any loss in information would it?? My last phone (sidekick or as I called it a Shi*tkick) would restart itself and erase my phone book, and then retrive all my text messages, until the box was full.
    08-03-08 10:39 PM
    Nope, everything will be just fine and you won't lose any important information
    08-03-08 10:41 PM
    I never do a battery pull, haven't really had any problems. I always make sure to go through and close any open apps that I'm not using though. Come to think of it I installed 4.5 about a month and a half ago and haven't had to do a battery pull since. It never hurts though.

08-03-08 10:41 PM
    No, in fact it is a recommended fix to many issues you may encounter with your berry.

08-03-08 10:42 PM
    Still not convinced that a battery pull is needed or does anything that a double soft reset doesn't do. That is unless the device is frozen and the keyboard won't respond.
    08-04-08 07:23 AM
    Still not convinced that a battery pull is needed or does anything that a double soft reset doesn't do. That is unless the device is frozen and the keyboard won't respond.
    I feel the same way... plus I hate opening the battery door, yanking out the battery and waiting about 30 seconds to put the damnn thing back in!

I do a soft reset about once a day and a double-soft about once per week and that is fine for me!

As you said, I have only done a battery pull when my Berry has locked up and the keypad did not respond to the soft reset...

As for "turning off" your Berry... it really only puts the Berry into an extremely low-power mode. I have mine set to Auto On/Off (off at 2AM and on at 6AM every night).
    08-04-08 07:28 AM
    I dont think it is really needed....but if feel you must then do a battery pull so it refreshes everything when it is turned back on.
    08-04-08 08:48 AM
    A battery pull first thing in the morning will help ensure that everything will be good to go for the day.
    =8')
    08-04-08 10:27 AM
    wait what is a double soft reset?

08-04-08 10:50 AM
    All of this talk about soft resets, and double softs made me want to do a triple soft, just now. So, I did.

Yes, it is helpful to do it from time to time. If you don't have problems, great! Most of us have too many apps loaded to not be able to do it once a day.
    08-04-08 11:35 AM

How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Google is your Friend
    08-04-08 11:41 AM

Push your Alt key-right shift key-delete key two times.

08-04-08 11:42 AM
    I have mine set to Auto On/Off (off at 2AM and on at 6AM every night).
    I was gonna post about the Auto On/Off feature as well. What's really creepy is BMC's times are the exact same as mine

Except it's set for weekdays only. Sometimes I don't go to bed until 6am on the weekends.
    08-04-08 11:43 AM
    Push your Alt key-right shift key-delete key two times.

Oh hey I do that all the time already. I just didn't know that was a "double soft reset" what a name for such a thing!

08-04-08 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD