I have my hotmail set up on my BB Curve 8330. Do I have to, or need to set up a BlackBerry email account as well? Is there a benefit to doing so? (Obviously new here so feel free to direct me to other postings if this question has already been discussed, or move my post if it's in the wrong place!)
    07-28-09 09:47 AM
    You don't have to, but some of us don't give out or personal email accounts so we give out our carrier email account.
    07-28-09 09:51 AM
    I use the BB email for business and sometimes when they see it is a BB account, then we can set up BBM and other BB apps if needed too.
    07-28-09 09:56 AM
    What they said� and note that with a BlackBerry address, you can only read your email on the device (no web or desktop access). Also, BlackBerry mail is instantly pushed (compared to other BIS accounts where the RiM sever polls he account every 20 minutes), so if instant gratification is your thing it might be a consideration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:08 AM
    I created a blackberry email acct and didnt put my actual email to the phone so I could control what was emailed to me. If I would have put my actual email on phone the thing would never stop going off
    07-28-09 10:31 AM
    the account isn't neccessary, and i find that i forget to back up my emails when i wipe my phone, so i lose those emails because there are no copies.
    07-28-09 11:55 AM
    I just liked the sound of having the blackberry.net account thru the carrier. It serves no major purpose and I barely use it. Its just another email account but does come thru at instant speed.
    07-28-09 12:57 PM
    I have it b/c I like all the email icons plus if you need a short term email address you can delete it when you get ready
    07-28-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD