My files free is 2,891,748 bytes..very low. I am beginning to think I have too many applications on my bb.

I have the following..Google Maps, CNBC, CNN, NYT, Worldmate Live, Fox, CB, Opera, Viigo, Gmail, thestreet.com, WSJ, AP, weatherbug and weather eye.

I am thinking I need to start deleting some things. Any suggestions?
    10-21-08 03:42 PM
    lets see i have google , google maps, facebook, crackberry and espn and my memory is just at 4,686,012 . i deleted a couple of my apps cause mine was even lower than that. i mean if you use all of those then im sure theres another way around it
    10-21-08 03:52 PM
    How is your bb even working? You need at least 12 for the bb to function properly...are you sure it's not 28 something and not 2?
    10-21-08 03:52 PM
    How is your bb even working? You need at least 12 for the bb to function properly...are you sure it's not 28 something and not 2?
    On 4.5 the device memory limit is 5mg, instaed of 12mg like earlier versions...
    10-21-08 03:55 PM
    Yes. I am sure it is 2. I just did a battery pull and it jumped to 7.7. BB is working okay. Freezing occassionly for 30 seconds or so. What impact does the device limit have on it. Can I increase it?
    10-21-08 03:58 PM
    If it drops below 5mg, you will lose e-mails, call logs, SMS, etc. So no you don't want to increase it. You probably have too many apps running and updating. Close out of them properly when done by pressing the menu button and scroll down to close. Also open your browser, hit menu>options>cache operations and clear your web cache and cookies...
    10-21-08 04:04 PM
    On 4.5 the device memory limit is 5mg, instaed of 12mg like earlier versions...

Thanks severe, I'm too chicken to upgrade OS so I don't really even read threads about it. Good to know.
    10-21-08 04:08 PM
    Thanks severe, I'm too chicken to upgrade OS so I don't really even read threads about it. Good to know.
    No problem, RIM finally got smart and lowered it. They also removed the pre-installed wallpapers, video, languages. Memory is alot more stable with 3rd party applications IMO...
    10-21-08 04:17 PM
    My files free is 2,891,748 bytes..very low. I am beginning to think I have too many applications on my bb.

I have the following..Google Maps, CNBC, CNN, NYT, Worldmate Live, Fox, CB, Opera, Viigo, Gmail, thestreet.com, WSJ, AP, weatherbug and weather eye.

I would take off one of the weather apps, one should tell you the weather lol

CNN CNBC and all those news ones should be the same info as in Viigo, you can add them there..
    10-21-08 04:26 PM
    No problem, RIM finally got smart and lowered it. They also removed the pre-installed wallpapers, video, languages. Memory is alot more stable with 3rd party applications IMO...
    Is this true on pearl also?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 04:29 PM
    Is this true on pearl also?

If you are running 4.5 Go to media>options>and see what it is set at...
    10-21-08 04:32 PM
    Kewl - it was still on 12 but I had the option to change it to 5.

10-21-08 05:00 PM
    I've got Crackberry, Pin Stackers, Fox, Weather Channel, Live Search, Gmail, Google Maps and OperaMini. Any other info I need is bookmarked to a website. Keepin' it lean like that gives me an even 28.5 MB file free on my optimized 8310 (.93). If I don't really need it/use it - I don't load it.

Last edited by eBud; 10-21-08 at 05:12 PM.
    10-21-08 05:08 PM
    Yeah I had too many apps on mine as well. I had viigo, crackberry, berry query, colorlight, youmail, google maps, about 5-6 games, a bunch of themes and so forth. My phone started freezing and stalling whenever I attempted to open an app and my messages and phone log was being deleted, so I checked my memory and found out I only had about 2 of free space. After reading the forums on memory optimization, I deleted a BUNCH of stuff, which increased my memory up to about 8. My Berry is working much better now.
    10-21-08 05:18 PM

Do you have a memory card installed? Maybe all of your pics and wallpapers are saving on the device.
    10-21-08 05:42 PM
    Pictures and videos are killer on device memory. If you do not have a media card, you need to get one and put the pics and videos on it...
    10-21-08 06:04 PM
    where does it tell u ur max memory??? all I ever see is the free bites on the options, status section.

How can I get more info on what space I have and how much I've usd???
    10-21-08 06:17 PM
    where does it tell u ur max memory??? all I ever see is the free bites on the options, status section.

How can I get more info on what space I have and how much I've usd???
    Go to media, hit menu button, select options. At the top of the screen it will say Device memory limit. You fall below that number and you will lose SMS messages, e-mails, call logs. You need to optimize your memory and delete the preloaded junk off of your device. Check out this thread to explain further... http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...33/#post307403
    10-21-08 06:29 PM
    Don't understand this at all. I've never dropped below 35. My 8330 runs like a dream on 4.5.0.56. I'm running google maps, facebook, flickr, pacman, medieval chess. Lingo, Vlingo, espn, bb alerts, nfl mobile, nba mobile, docs to go, opera, CB, brickbreaker, AOL, and Zelda. I delete the cache once a week, pull the battery maybe once every two weeks, and do the Alt LGLG delete maybe once a month.

10-21-08 07:02 PM
    Don't understand this at all. I've never dropped below 35. My 8330 runs like a dream on 4.5.0.56. I'm running google maps, facebook, flickr, pacman, medieval chess. Lingo, Vlingo, espn, bb alerts, nfl mobile, nba mobile, docs to go, opera, CB, brickbreaker, AOL, and Zelda. I delete the cache once a week, pull the battery maybe once every two weeks, and do the Alt LGLG delete maybe once a month.

That is because the Curve you have has double the memory of the Pearl...
    10-21-08 07:04 PM
    This is a curve thread is it not? Why would you post questions about the pearl's memory in the curve part of CB. Its like taking a fat chick to a fancy restaraunt and wondering why they stick you at a table in the back.

10-21-08 07:12 PM
    This is a curve thread is it not? Why would you post questions about the pearl's memory in the curve part of CB. Its like taking a fat chick to a fancy restaraunt and wondering why they stick you at a table in the back.

Speak for yourself, your memory isn't that great either....
    10-21-08 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD