Hi, I only recieved my phone this afternoon and am already having problems

I would like to set up my email address but the setup wizard won't let me. I have the following options...

1. I want to use a work email account with a BB enterprise server
    2. I want to skip email setup

Looking in the manual, apparrently i should be ably to select "i want to create or add an email address"...but that isn't on the screen...

any help would be greatly appreciated

amelie
    09-20-07 04:44 PM
    You will need to use the Setup Internet Email icon, or logon to your carrier's BIS website.
    09-20-07 05:25 PM
    thanks... where on earth is the setup email icon? i really hope i haven't been sold a stupid contract that doesn't work...

oh dear...
    09-20-07 05:29 PM
    Your jumping the gun too much, just because you do not have an icon dont really mean...well..anything, just login to your carriers BIS site, and register your personal email, then use your enterprise activation to set up your BES email..simple as pie.
    09-20-07 07:00 PM
    You'll need to make sure you have a Blackberry Data Plan provisioned on your account.
    09-21-07 12:35 AM
    thanks

definitely have provision plan from orange but wasn't told anything about my server provider BIS site.

Have just done this and tried to create new account using IMEI and PIN as requested. However, it brings up a error screen saying "this blackberry is registered to another provider, please re-register and verify the URL matches the one for your service provider"

jumping the gun again but could this mean i have a second hand phone?

edit
    i have just run a diagnostic and it isn't connected to blackberry, doesn't have an IP address and isn't registered either...
    honestly, i have been told nothing except the set-up wizard would do all this for me...
    Last edited by ameliesoleil; 09-21-07 at 02:58 PM.
    09-21-07 02:53 PM
    Is the BB an original Orange hadnset or from another provider and unlocked? Might be worth calling Orange and registering the handset to your account.
    09-21-07 03:12 PM
    have just phoned orange, carphone warehouse have gone commission hungry and sold me a fabricated contract!

i have a print out stating i was sold inclusive unlimited BIS and 30 free photo msgs. According to orange, there is NO bis provision registered and nevermind free photos, the phone isn't set up for MMS.

Basically I've been lied to.

Going to have to give back my lovely blackberry tomorrow and cancel my contract.

Furious but thanks for all your help...
    09-21-07 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD