So I DL'd DM 4.5 on my Vista boot (my main OS is Ubuntu), installed it, opened it and connected my brand-new BB and a little notice popped up saying new device drivers were being installed. Everything seemed like it was going well, but then...nothing. The DM just says Disconnected and PIN: None. I've disconnected and reconnected the BB, tried every USB port (all of which work with other peripherals), re-installed the DM, and still it won't connect. Otherwise, the BB works fine but DM just doesn't recognize it. I'm going to try on another computer (running XP) but I'd like to get it working on this one. Any ideas?

EDIT: It just gets weirder. I hooked it up to my friends' XP PC, it installed the drivers, the DM saw it, the PIN appeared, great. I installedthe official VZW 4.5 using the Crackmem technique except I didn't remove vendor.xml (since this was the official VZW release). Everything seemed to be going well and I installed the OS through the DM except for the very end of the installation when it aborted and just said: A fatal error has been detected. My BB suffered through the "white hourglass of death" for a minute or two and then the booted right back up with OS 4.3. It woks the same as it did before I started any of this. Now, though, when I connect it to this computer, which previously detected it, all it does is charge the BB. The DM and the BB connection manager won't detect it, just like on my Vista box. Anyone have any idea what's going on? It seems like an easy fix, if I only knew what to do!
    Last edited by tech42er; 11-04-08 at 11:10 PM.
    11-04-08 09:00 PM
    So today, I uninstalled DM from my Vista box, re-installed it from RIM's site without Roxio Media Manager, connected the BB and it recognized it! Then I just did the steps listed in the Crackmem thread (including removing vendor.xml, though I doubt it was necessary) and it installed 4.5 perfectly. So issue resolved I guess.
    11-05-08 10:26 PM
    I had this exact same problem - I have never been able to install DM with media - once I installed without media, it installed successfullly - glad you got it working.
    11-05-08 10:31 PM
    I'm having the same problem.....I'll have to download DM w/o media and see if that works.
    11-06-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD