is there anyway i can download torrents to my blackberry and save to my memory card and then transfer to my pc when i get home? i have utorrent on my pc at home. Is there a way to remotely make a torrent start downloading on utorrent at my house from my blackberry? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    09-05-09 11:12 AM
    Torrents? As in illegal downloads?
    09-05-09 11:47 AM
    No. As in p2p file sharing
    09-05-09 12:20 PM
    Torrents != illegal downloads all the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 01:51 PM
    Illegal or not (personally I use torrent sharing everyday), no real way to D/L to your berry just because it would be so ridiculously strenuous on your network connection that it wouldn't even be worth it. At one point I thought I saw a post that let you set a program to download at home but I couldn't find it anywhere haha

09-05-09 02:04 PM
    Torrents != illegal downloads all the time

Haha, no, BitTorrent is just a P2P standard for delivering files to an end user through various other users--many companies use torrents to ease the load on their servers when releasing new updates/software, etc.

Many companies also release media (such as sizeable video podcasts) via BitTorrent as well.

I will concede, however, that yes, the OP was probably looking for a way to illegally download media on the go, and that that shouldn't be discussed on a forum such as this.
    09-05-09 02:05 PM
    Haha, no, BitTorrent is just a P2P standard for delivering files to an end user through various other users--many companies use torrents to ease the load on their servers when releasing new updates/software, etc.
    "!=" means not equal to, he's agreeing that they are not all illegal.

And to answer the OP you can try MobTorrent | AMORG I haven't tried the most recent version but it does work, there were permission dialogs that would pop up (its not signed) when I was using it, but it did work.
    09-05-09 02:12 PM
    "!=" means not equal to, he's agreeing that they are not all illegal.

And to answer the OP you can try MobTorrent | AMORG I haven't tried the most recent version but it does work, there were permission dialogs that would pop up (its not signed) when I was using it, but it did work.
    Ah, I feel like a royal *** then. >.>
    09-05-09 05:10 PM
    Ah, I feel like a royal *** then. >.>
    me too. well you learn something new everyday
    09-05-09 05:20 PM
    torrents have a legal use, and no you cant
    09-05-09 07:15 PM
    uTorrent is typically for illegal media sharing, not business purposes.
    09-05-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD