I used to have an outlook account on my BB. Now, I use gmail. I can pick up my messages using the gmail icon in apps. But can I set it up to show up under messages?
    11-05-08 09:32 PM
    Yes - that is if you have some sort of data plan?

If so, go to the messages wizard and follow the instructions. it's very easy.
    11-05-08 09:36 PM
    Sorry- I don't recall seeing that under apps!
    11-05-08 09:44 PM
    Do you have a data plan through your carrier? BIS or BES
    11-05-08 09:47 PM
    I used to have an outlook account on my BB. Now, I use gmail. I can pick up my messages using the gmail icon in apps. But can I set it up to show up under messages?
    to have your email show up under MESSAGES you have to set up gmail through BIS. If you are using the Gmail App (which it sounds like you are since you are picking up messages using the Gmail Icon), then your emails won't show up under messages. Gmail app is a standalone-independent app and is separate from the built in Messaging service.
    11-05-08 09:49 PM
    Yes- I have an unlimited data plan. Not sure if it's BES or BIS. This is a personal account.
    11-05-08 10:11 PM
    most likely you have a BIS which is personal. Since you have ATT, go here: BlackBerry Internet Service

If you havent already, create a new account. THen you can log in and add a new email account. That's when you add your gmail. Enter in your address and pw and it'll set it up for you. after you are done, on your phone it will automatically create the new email inbox which means it has been integrated and you can start sending and receiving mail under "messages" like you originally wanted.
    11-05-08 10:23 PM
    Thanks so much- you've been most helpful!
    11-05-08 10:30 PM
    GMail is funny on BlackBerrys.....
    11-06-08 09:34 AM
    GMail is funny on BlackBerrys.....
    Funny? rarely makes me laugh!
    11-06-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD