Hi, sort of new to the Blackberry world. How do I change my display name on my phone? I got the new phone and was recently married, and I would like to change the name that sends with my PIN messages and the like to my new married name.

Thank you for the help, I'm sure this sounds dumb.
    05-03-09 06:55 PM
    are you talking about your bbm name? if so, go into blackberry messenger and hit menu>edit my info.
    05-03-09 06:58 PM
    Is that the same as the outgoing name displayed when you send a PIN message?
    05-03-09 07:05 PM
    thats a good question.. i dont think i have ever pinned before.. give it a test try if you can..
    05-03-09 07:13 PM
    To change it for pin messages go to options then owner. For BBM go to BBM then hit menu key and edit my info.
    05-03-09 07:33 PM
    To change it for pin messages go to options then owner. For BBM go to BBM then hit menu key and edit my info.
    thank you rlp!!!!!!!!
    05-03-09 07:35 PM
    Anyone face problem for not able to change BB Messenger Display Name?

My friend's Bold BB Messenger display name been changed to "Christmas comes from the words Christ's Mass, celebrates the birth of Jessus of Nazareth" and not able to change it back. When he select "Edit My Info" under BB Messenger, there is nothing happen. It simply return to menu and won't show "Change Display Name" option.

Please help!

Best regards,
    CY
    05-04-09 08:09 AM
    I havent run across this issue yet. Have your friend end all conversations and do a battery pull. Pull the battery out while the device is on and leave it out for 30 seconds. Try it again.
    05-04-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD