How do you keep the display as bright as it is when the device is under the sun?

I have set the display brightness to 100% and I even turned off auto dim, but the device only turn really bright under the sun. I would like it like that all the time.
    06-14-08 08:47 PM
    I believe your brightness changes due to the ambient light sensor. Not sure though if the brightness can be controlled and not have anything to do with the light sensor.

Someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
    06-14-08 08:52 PM
    Interesting! A light sensor?!?!

Is that way sometimes the keyboard backlight and screen sometimes will get brighter and then go dimmer in the middle of me doing something? It seems quite random!
    06-14-08 08:57 PM
    Interesting! A light sensor?!?!

Is that way sometimes the keyboard backlight and screen sometimes will get brighter and then go dimmer in the middle of me doing something? It seems quite random!
    The ambient light sensor causes the display to dims indoors - brightens outdoors.
    06-15-08 09:25 AM
    Yup I understand that but in the options menu I turned that feature off and set display brightness to max. But it is not at its max because I have seen it brighter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 03:18 PM
    I have heard this question sev eral times. It seems that no matter how you have your settings for brightness/auto dim, the phone will still do what it wants. Not sure why this is exactly, or why there's even an option to change the settings. Perhaps its a bug, who knows. All I know is that there's not really anything you can do to change this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 03:22 PM
    The auto dim function is designed to do one thing and one thing only. If it is on and you go from a dark to a light environment, it will brighten the screen making it easier to read, and vice versa.

If it is off, you deactivate the light sensor, so when you go from one environment to another, the screen does nothing.

As jenay says what you are experiencing may be a bug of some sort, but adjusting auto dim ain't gonna do no good.
    06-15-08 03:28 PM
    My Sprint Curve also gets brighter and darker depending if I'm outside or not, even though I have auto dim turned off. It's rather annoying.
    06-15-08 04:35 PM
    How do you keep the display as bright as it is when the device is under the sun?

I have set the display brightness to 100% and I even turned off auto dim, but the device only turn really bright under the sun. I would like it like that all the time.

You know what to be honest, since there is no way to avoid the dreaded up and down of the display going dim on all blackberry's like my tour. I suggest everyone reading this goto options hit screen/keyboard and lower your brightness to 60.

This way you just bite the bullet. So when it does dim it's now a very little difference visually, once you get used to it.

I love it!! Give it a try!!

Dee
    01-15-10 12:35 PM
    I think there is an app out there that will keep the screen bright.
    01-15-10 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD