I was importing some music (as MP3) from a CD onto my BB Curve.
    got up to answer the door and for some reason I closed my laptop lid. After restarting, I am getting this error.
    A Media Card had been inserted that contains errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer

I looked at the card from the computer (with the BB attached) and my pics and songs all show. I tried restoring my last back up (3 days ago). But it is still giving me this error. What disk checking utility do others here use?
    I also tried a battery pull and removed the media card during that. Still the same.

Thanks in advance.
    04-13-10 04:34 PM
    Probably need to delete the file that got corrupted. Delete it and do a battery pull!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 05:04 PM
    Maybe re insert the media card?
    04-13-10 05:12 PM
    I found another thread with exactly my problem. This solution worked like a charm!!!

Do one or both of these things.

1. Connect your phone to your PC and enable Mass Storeage Mode. Do not run Desktop Manager
    2. Open My Computer on the PC and right mouse click the BlackBerry disk (probably E
    3. Select Properties
    4. Select Tools and then Error-Checking.
    5. Check BOTH boxes and then Click Check Now
    6. The utility will now check the BlackBerry Media Card
    Remove the Media Card from your phone and put it into an adapter and plug it into the PC.
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

If this does not work, then copy all the data from the card (while it is connected to the PC) and then do as Garz suggests and Format the Media Card in the BlackBerry - not in the PC.

Go to Options, Media Card, Press Menu and select Format Card
    04-13-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD