Hi,

I have two email accounts set up on my Curve. One is for my work email and one is for my personal email. Both accounts are properly set up, and as mail arrives in each account, it's immediately delivered to my phone.

The problem is, I only want my work email delivered to my phone...not my personal email. I'd like to leave my home account set up on the phone, but I only want to see that mail when I choose to check it...I don't want it to come down to the phone as it arrives.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks everyone!

John
    02-19-09 07:35 PM
    In order to stop messages being sent to the device, you need to log into your BIS from your computer and go to that email address. Click on Filters and click the radio button that reads "When no filters apply, do NOT forward messages to device".

Note that you can't do this from the device. You must do it from a computer.

However, there's no functionality to check email when you choose to check it. You would have to re-enable messages being forwarded to the device and it would start from that point forward. Past messages will not be sent.
    02-19-09 08:00 PM
    Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to leave my work email on there and delete my Gmail. I can still get to my Gmail from the Web interface, but preferred the other way. Oh well...such is life.

Thanks!
    02-19-09 08:33 PM
    Can I ask why you don't want the emails coming to the device? If it's that you don't want to be alerted audibly, you could always just set the audio alert to MUTE for that address.

Just a thought.
    02-19-09 08:55 PM
    It's not the audible alerts at all. It's just that while I need to be alerted of work email the minute it arrives, even when I'm away from my computer, I don't need to know when someone sends me a personal email to my Gmail account. But if I'm away from the computer, there may be times when I'll just WANT to check my Gmail. I was hoping I could do that with the email setup on my Curve. But it appears as though that's not possible, and even with all audible/vibrating alerts turned off, the mail will still come down into the device, and I'll have to always clear that mail outta there.

It's no biggie, though...I set up a bookmark in the browser to my Gmail account. I can just check it that way.

Thanks!
    02-20-09 08:05 AM
    If you use the Gmail app on your bb then you can check it when you want or leave it running, your choice. This lets you not have your personal emails coming in when maybe they shouldn't be.
    02-20-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD