Does anyone know how to disable the email notification on the curve 8330?
    12-20-08 01:21 PM
    What do you mean. If you want it silent just use your sound profiles. Do you not want the icon to show? I think you can turn that off in the options

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 01:23 PM
    For sound, what crack ^^ said. Get to that by selecting Profiles, and if you want to tweak, scroll to Advanced to config in- and out-of-holster settings.

For message notification settings, try this:
    Mailbox>Menu Key>Options>General Options>Display, then set "Display Message Count" and "Display New Message Indicator" to your liking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 01:54 PM
    I am wanting to turn off the new email indicator and am not finding the option "Display New Message Indicator"...

Reason being, I have the gmail app and use that to check my email since I have several gmail accounts. I don't want them all setup on my blackberry, but I do want my primary one so I can send email from my contacts and use my vlingo app (sweet app by the way). I only want an indicator from my gmail app and not a new message indicator from the email setup through the blackberry email...

I'd greatly appreciate a response...Thanks in advance

01-16-09 10:48 PM
    I too would like to know how to disable the email, seeing as i use the gmail app as my primary email.com
    01-29-09 11:21 PM
    go into your email account from a pc, change your password on there, don't change it on the blackberry. The passwords won't match so therefore the phone won't receive emails
    10-02-09 01:07 AM
    go into your email account from a pc, change your password on there, don't change it on the blackberry. The passwords won't match so therefore the phone won't receive emails
    Once BIS realises that the password is incorrect is will need to that be corrected before it will also allow mail to be sent from that account surely? The account would need to be active for either sending or receiving?

You could filter your email to not forward to the device from within BIS as long as you don't want to make use of the push email at all other than sending. That would stop the notifications and still allow you to send using the BB inbuilt email technology.

Make sure you are using IMAP gmail so the sent items from your BB transfer back to the sent items in your gmail.
    10-02-09 12:03 PM
    I too need to turn off all these notifications. I get email, Facebook posts, all mixed in with my voicemail alerts and phone calls. It's driving me nuts. I would like to be able to go to my email (Charter) and Facebook and read the posts myself but don't won't to be notified on my Curve everytime one comes in. Any suggestions.
    10-28-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD