My backlight on my 8330 will go dimmer when I get in lower light situations. I will put it directly under a lamp and the screen get really bright. I pull it away and it darkens. I have the automatic dim backlight turned off. Is there anyway to make it stay at that bright level? Am I missing a setting somewhere? I think the sensor is by the LED, am I right?

Thanks for the help.

Keep preaching the BB word.
    08-27-08 03:04 AM
    You are right about the LED sensor location. The native software doesn't give you much control over the backlighting. There's a free 3rd party app called BBLight, available here: BBLight that will solve your problem.
    08-27-08 06:42 AM
    Right, this has me puzzled as well. The brighter the light I'm in, the brighter the backlighting? That doesn't make sense to me and I was thinking the 8330 has some kind of sensor.

I tried toggling off the "Auto Dim" feature and that just puts the screen at full brightness all the time. I want it to be at 10% brightness, or some other constant, all the time.

I've used BBLight on my 7250, does it work on the 8330?

Thanks
    09-02-08 07:45 AM
    I haven't used bblight on an 8330. I know it works on an 8830. It won't hurt to try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 08:34 AM
    Right, this has me puzzled as well. The brighter the light I'm in, the brighter the backlighting? That doesn't make sense to me and I was thinking the 8330 has some kind of sensor.
    That makes complete sense. If you're in a bright environment, the screen needs to compete with ambient light. If you're in a dimmly lit environment, you don't want the screen to blind you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD