How would i go about taking off the keyboard on my curve 8330 and coloring the led lights is it possible? How would i go about doing this? Also what color would go with my silver vzw curve =]
    05-29-08 07:06 PM
    Dont Do It
    05-29-08 07:08 PM
    Agree, not worth it.. Void your warranty as well....
    05-29-08 07:09 PM
    I voided the warrenty at the vzw store when i picked off the metal ring by the trackball =P
    && i have colored it also,
    05-29-08 07:15 PM
    There's about 4 different guides out there. http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php
    05-29-08 07:16 PM
    I voided the warrenty at the vzw store when i picked off the metal ring by the trackball =P
    && i have colored it also,

haha whyd you pick off the ring there???
    your not supposed to let them see duh LOL
    05-29-08 07:26 PM
    Keep your warrenty and jus use colored plastic, I took a zip lock baggie and colored it blue and layed it on top of the leds under the keyboard.... Same idea as the trackball color change but this allows you to keep the leds the same color as stock.... I did this when I was swapping out the track ball for a nice clean and white one....turned out really nice..... When I get home ill take some pics and post them when I get home

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 11:26 PM
    Need to see some photos of this keyboard coloring.
    05-29-08 11:30 PM
    see attached

Blackberry 8310 with 8300 casing.....i like the silver better than the red but gotta have GPS
    05-30-08 01:27 AM
    looks sick good work... what kind of plastic r u using and where did u get it?

i assume it doesnt affect the way the keys press?

edit... seems pointless for me i just realized my keys r black wouldnt see much
    Last edited by wowthatisrandom; 05-30-08 at 10:24 AM.
    05-30-08 09:51 AM
    i used a ziplock baggie that i found, use the ****ty kind cause they are usually thinner and easier to work with, and no there was no issues with the functionality after all was complete
    05-30-08 10:02 AM
    Keep your warrenty and jus use colored plastic, I took a zip lock baggie and colored it blue and layed it on top of the leds under the keyboard.... Same idea as the trackball color change but this allows you to keep the leds the same color as stock.... I did this when I was swapping out the track ball for a nice clean and white one....turned out really nice..... When I get home ill take some pics and post them when I get home

this voids your warranty too...just taking out the screws and opening it up voids it....cus i didnt actually change anything all i did was unscrew it and unpop the faceplate and i was told that this voids it
    Last edited by jamiegroh; 05-30-08 at 02:08 PM.
    05-30-08 02:06 PM
    Prove that I took the screws out is all I have to say....

05-30-08 02:12 PM
    haha thats what i was thinking

....but i guess with mine it can be proven because the little sticky thing in the inside of the screen ripped apart instead of comming off completely...if i can buy those screws brand new and that little sticky thing ill be good as gold

but yeah i suppose if your careful enough you cant prove a damn thing

i wish i could get mine to look like yours i cant figure it out though and i have a **** of time getting the stupid face plate off so i said screw it lol just left it how it was
    05-30-08 02:16 PM
    heck i'm not even sure that anyone would ever know that you took the screws off to begin with. if something did happen, i just wouldnt say anything. not like they're gonna check every little screw. lol, but maybe they might! that would be my luck!
    05-30-08 04:04 PM
    Good job turned out nice
    05-30-08 04:13 PM
    Nice Jonathan. I think I will attempt this...
    07-02-08 12:55 PM
    I swapped the keyboard out on my 8830 - twice. Pop out the battery, remove 4 screws, lift, and it'll slide right out. I had it replaced under insurance twice; once because the battery died and then because the 'tab' inside the USB port came loose. Each time I just removed the black keyboard (cnn.cn) and put the silver one in before I sent the broken phone back.
    07-02-08 03:44 PM
    see attached

Blackberry 8310 with 8300 casing.....i like the silver better than the red but gotta have GPS

not gonna lie

that is SEXY!!

what did you color the bag with?
    07-02-08 03:50 PM
    That looks really cool....however I think I like my warranty more than the color...

Great job on it though!!!!
    07-02-08 03:59 PM
    What did you color the plastic bag with?
    06-23-09 10:02 AM
    just found the biggest permanant marker i could find and colored then cut out what shape i needed by tracing the keypad.
    06-24-09 03:16 AM
    Ok so you had a piece of plastic probably 2 inches by 1 inch? It hasent melted??
    06-24-09 07:11 AM
    unless you keep your phone in a 220 degree enviroment.... i think you will be ok...
    06-24-09 12:44 PM
    Ok so you had a piece of plastic probably 2 inches by 1 inch? It hasent melted??
    LEDs don't put out much heat.
    06-24-09 12:57 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD