First off, forgive my extreme level of newbness.
    So i just picked up a curve yesterday and after much hassle finally figured out how to transfer mp3 files to it using roxio. Everything was working great and i was enjoying having some music on my phone. Then i plugged it back in and transfered a few more mp3s only to disconnect it and find suddenly i had no music on it anymore??? all my files were still showing up on my PC under the device but when using my blackberry it just says no songs....... Any idea what ive done wrong here? Thx in advance
    07-12-08 08:44 AM
    Are you trying to put the mp3's on your phones memory or a media card? If it's a media card turn on mass media storage and do it through your removable drive.
    07-12-08 08:49 AM
    No, i had them on my media card. There were 100 songs on here at one time
    07-12-08 08:50 AM
    gotta look on your media card (I am assuming you have one) - that is where they are laying..........good luck.............if you need more help lemme know
    07-12-08 08:52 AM
    Go to Options>Media Card>Mass Storage Mode and see if it says "on". If it doesn't turn it on.

When you plug your phone into your computer via usb cable with your DM running you should either get a message on your phone to turn mass media storage on or you should have a removable drive in "my computer".

If you get the message on the phone to turn mass storage on do so. If you see the removable drive then it is already on and you can access your media card that way to load or delete files.
    07-12-08 09:22 AM
    Also remember when transferring data to mass storage always exit mass storage before removing cable, this process tends to corrupt data when not exiting properly
    07-12-08 09:32 AM
    How does one exit properly? That was the biggest thing, i felt like there should have been a way to, i guess accept the changes or whatnot. I just closed the program and removed the cable. Should i be getting a message on my phone that says when the mp3 transfer has been successful?
    07-12-08 12:50 PM
    I cant find step by step instructions on the proper way to use roxio anywhere..... Ive figured out how to drag my files into my blackberry folder, but have no idea where to go from there..... so very frustrating.
    07-12-08 01:23 PM
    are you sure the music files are in mp3 format?
    07-12-08 01:26 PM
    I was also looking for a way to exit MS properley. Becaus anyother time you use MS you have to click icon in tray to disconect but there is not one when using the BB with my computer.
    07-12-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD