Hi, I am in the UK and am on Orange as a carrier. The data plan that they do is very costly for what you get. What I am wondering is if I get my phone unlocked can I use a data plan from a different carrier than which my voice calls are from ?. I have heard that O2 have a good plan, are their any others to consider ?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 04:54 AM
    Hi gooner. If your phone was unlocked you will be able to change carriers, t mobile & o2 in the uk are the best for data packages. Most of these packages have to be combined with a voice plan from that carrier. O2 does do a stand alone plan for bb for �15 but if you want to keep your orange card you would then have to switch cards to make calls/texts which is not very practical.

02-27-08 05:08 AM
    I am travelling to the UK and will soon have my 8310 unlocked. What can I do to use my BB over there for using BB messenger and other data. Is there any Pay as You Go type plan???
    02-27-08 05:11 AM
    By the way if you are tied to a contract with Orange to get more mb per month I believe you can add on a 30 mb data package for �8.

02-27-08 05:15 AM
    O2 does have a bb pay per use plan but I think you have to sign up for it for a certain length of time which is probably a minimum of 6 months & the pay per use is a LOT more expensive.
    To be honest I do not think it is easy or practical to move your BIS plan around for travelling.

02-27-08 05:23 AM
    By the way if you are tied to a contract with Orange to get more mb per month I believe you can add on a 30 mb data package for �8.

I have read about that 30mb packacge on here before but cannot find it anywhere on orange's website. Would that package be only for BES and not for BIS (not sure I know what I'm talking about their though. lol) ?.
    02-27-08 05:34 AM
    I have heard of a few who have it but if I were you I would phone their customer services.

When your contract is over unlock your phone & move to a better provider - you can port your number over too.

02-27-08 05:54 AM
    BES is for business users & BIS is for personal use the 30mb would be open to both I would imagine.

02-27-08 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD