Can I set a different ringtone for different callers in my address book? I would like a standard ringtone for normal callers, and then set the call ringtone and SMS ringtone to be different for different people. If so, how is this done? I have the 8330 from Verizon. Thanks!
    10-30-09 05:22 PM
    You would need to go to your sound profile settings, and then "set contacts alert" and make a separate alert with the sounds you want for each specified contact.
    10-30-09 05:24 PM
    I have a different os but if I rememeber right go into address book,select contact, menu, edit then menu again and you should have an option to set ringtone...
    10-30-09 05:25 PM
    Thanks for the two responses above. Works for the caller ringtone, how about the SMS tone?
    10-30-09 05:27 PM
    Yes but it will be the same tone for all messages...
    10-30-09 05:35 PM
    select the contact in the address book, BB button, add custom ring tone if you have 4.5
    10-30-09 05:42 PM
    If there a way to see the custom tone already assigned to a person?
    10-30-09 05:56 PM
    It should be at the bottom of the contact when you are in the edit screen. scroll down. Also I think on the sms tone you have to that in profiles...
    10-30-09 07:40 PM
    I have a 8320 idk how diff they are but that seems hard

i go to the contact menu key/ set custom ring tone thats it
    10-30-09 07:57 PM
    Is there a way to set a ringtone just for unknown callers that are NOT in the address book? I was able to do that with my old dumbphone but can't figure out how to do that with my new very smartphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 09:59 PM
    I am able to have a diff ringtone for each contact but have not been able to get a different text "ringtone" for each contact, I have the BB Curve 8330, can anyone help? I text WAY more than talk so would rather each person have a diff text tone, if thats a word LOL
    11-01-09 09:25 PM
    Go into your contacts list and highlight a contact, hit the BB button, choose edit, then scroll down to custom ringtones/alerts. There are 2 choices available for alerts; one for calls, one for messages.
    Last edited by drknobs; 11-01-09 at 10:26 PM. Reason: grammer
    11-01-09 10:23 PM
    I am able to have a diff ringtone for each contact but have not been able to get a different text "ringtone" for each contact, I have the BB Curve 8330, can anyone help? I text WAY more than talk so would rather each person have a diff text tone, if thats a word LOL
    Been a while but you create a group profiles for each contact.. then you can assign a ringtone or message tone for each group� downside is (i Think) to silence you have to go to each custom group profile�.
    11-02-09 12:39 AM
    Been a while but you create a group profiles for each contact.. then you can assign a ringtone or message tone for each group� downside is (i Think) to silence you have to go to each custom group profile�.
    Maybe it depends on the OS version, but I've automatically got the option to set different ringtone for messages for each contact as shown below; no need to create the whole group thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD