People always talk about the lens popping out and breaking that seal, BUT what if you just replace the entire front housing? Will the seal still be broken and will dust get underneath the screen?

PS...why do people keep on suggesting me to purchasing a new housing if I want to make permanent changes onto my current housing? I received an At&t one from ebay and they looked exactly the same except for the bottom housing piece. Could I just purchase a new housing when I plan to mail in my Blackberry to the manufacturer... if a problem ever arose?

I'm planning on purchasing this:
    Last edited by sparklyberry; 11-08-08 at 12:24 PM.
    11-08-08 12:18 PM
    Not as much as just the lens, you will be ok.. keep in mind that once you take apart the housing, you do infact break that factory seal around the faceplate/lens area anyways, but unless you live in the desert, it shouldnt be an issue
    11-08-08 12:23 PM
    Not as much as just the lens, you will be ok.. keep in mind that once you take apart the housing, you do infact break that factory seal around the faceplate/lens area anyways, but unless you live in the desert, it shouldnt be an issue
    Ok thats good to know. I really don't want to wait and get a new housing though. I want to bling-out my phone NOW lol. I waited and received my housing from an NY ebay seller, but its used and had scratches on it. Luckily, the seller is going to give me a full refund.

Hmm...the dilemma!
    1) Should I wait and order the front housing and bottom housing piece? OR
    2) Should I just bling my phone now...and if anything ever happened, I could just purchase the front housing/bottom piece (antenna cover) then mail it to the manufacturer???

I'm just blinging-out the battery door, antenna cover, and front housing area.

Decisions...decisions...
    Last edited by sparklyberry; 11-08-08 at 12:33 PM.
    11-08-08 12:28 PM
    LOL You still havnt decided?

The shipping from cnn.cn isnt long, Im impatient and use the quick shipping, not the overnight one, it says like 4 days, that one, even so, Ive ordered twice with that option from them, and had it on the third day,

There 7-10 day obviously longer, and by post office, (the above option, fed ex brings it)

If *I* were you, and I so wanted to bling it out, I do it, but Id also order the new housing with the faster shipping.

Just what id do lol
    11-08-08 12:35 PM
    LOL You still havnt decided?

The shipping from cnn.cn isnt long, Im impatient and use the quick shipping, not the overnight one, it says like 4 days, that one, even so, Ive ordered twice with that option from them, and had it on the third day,

There 7-10 day obviously longer, and by post office, (the above option, fed ex brings it)

If *I* were you, and I so wanted to bling it out, I do it, but Id also order the new housing with the faster shipping.

Just what id do lol
    LOL... I have decided on the housing. I did order housing from ebay, but they gave me an old one. So that completely put me off and now I just want to bling my phone now. I'm very impatient.

Cnn doesn't have the housing color in titanium, so it won't match with my phone.

I think I'm just going to bling-it NOW and order the t-mobile antenna cover and front housing and leave there...just in case something happens. I really don't want to break the seal when its unnecessary.
    11-08-08 12:42 PM
    I'm so indecisive...and impatient at the same time. My friends don't understand the whole blackberry thing, so they are very annoyed with me at the moment. Hehehe....
    11-08-08 12:43 PM
    Go for it

Im a total BB addict, I change my housing all the time, always looking for themes, I make my wallpapers,
    I think yesterday I changed it for the last time,I got my replacement housing back from beckymae, so all is right in my BB world once more..
    11-08-08 12:45 PM
    When you order a new housing, I always recommend buying at least a few extra screws. I striped a couple with hardly any pressure at all. I don't know what they make them out of, but the metal is extremely soft. Also, the next time I want to change a housing, I'm sending it to Rachel!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 12:46 PM
    colorware it
    11-08-08 12:47 PM
    When you order a new housing, I always recommend buying at least a few extra screws. I striped a couple with hardly any pressure at all. I don't know what they make them out of, but the metal is extremely soft. Also, the next time I want to change a housing, I'm sending it to Rachel!!!

You have NO idea how many times Ive done it LOL
    11-08-08 12:52 PM
    Go for it

Im a total BB addict, I change my housing all the time, always looking for themes, I make my wallpapers,
    I think yesterday I changed it for the last time,I got my replacement housing back from beckymae, so all is right in my BB world once more..
    Haha wow... I just hate the idea of breaking the seal though!

Ok...I've decided!! I'm going to bling-it now and order the spare parts. So I can switch it if my blackberry ever needs to be sent to the manufacturer.

Blackberry Curve Bottom Antenna Cover TITANIUM with T-Mobile Logo, RIM 8300, 8310, 8320, Blackberry 8310 Curve Cell Phone Parts

Just ordered this...
    11-08-08 01:04 PM

Thanks for the info...which screws do you usually order?

Is it this one?
    BLACKBERRY CURVE NEW REPLACEMENT SCREWS QTY 6
    11-08-08 01:06 PM
    You have NO idea how many times Ive done it LOL
    Haha, wow I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to change my housing... hhah
    11-08-08 01:07 PM
    How do you plan on 'blinging it out' ?
    11-08-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD