I received a PIN message earlier today from RIM stating that I should update my os to improve the accuracy of my location for emergency personnel, as well as the other updates that 4.5 adds. It tells me to go to the blackberry website to update. I have been comtemplating upgrading for awhile, but am still a bit nervous about messing something up. I have read all of the pages about updating, but now am wondering...do I need to use the procedure listed in the sticky at the top? The blackberry site makes it sound like you can upgrade directly from it by plugging your phone in and clicking on update. Just wondering if anyone can provide info on this...I have done a search without any luck about the blackberry site update. Thanks in advance!
    03-26-09 05:50 PM
    I didn't get anything. If there is an upgrade, if you go to RIM's site and click the upgrade button you should be able to plug it in and follow on screen directions to upgrade it
    03-26-09 05:53 PM
    Anyone else have info they can help me with? I'd really love to hear from someone who has updated their os through the bb site-is it different than going through all the steps found here on the cb site? Just trying to figure out what to expect - thank you for your help!
    03-27-09 10:46 AM
    It's all good. I upgraded my curve from the bb site download. It's just the file for the OS. Then go through the upgrade steps on your DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 10:55 AM
    Shouldn't this be availble OTA for 83xx that support Wireless Upgrade?
    03-27-09 10:57 AM
    Took mine into a sprint store and they did it for me! They even backed everything up... 3rd party apps too!

If you're that worried do what I did!

03-27-09 11:15 AM
    Using the cb site or bb site as long as you folklow the directions ull have no problems. I've updated my storm and curve.

03-27-09 11:44 AM
    Thank you all for the input. Guess I'll take the plunge tonight...if you hear someone yelling for help, you'll know it's me!
    03-27-09 12:12 PM
    You will love the OS update.

03-27-09 01:44 PM
    I updated my OS the day after I bought my Curve, the store associate told me I should. I didn't know any better so I just plugged it in & followed the directions, it was simple. I'll be honest, I did get a little scared because to me it seemed like it took a while but then again it was updating the OS duh. Follow the directions & you should be good to go, I know I'm glad I did, I love having the video camera now which is something I didn't have before the update. Oh yeah, I used the BlackBerry website for my update.
    03-27-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD