added epocrates
    added windows live search

i have 31.8mb free under "status"
    i always close out programs after use

at end of day i have 30 ish mb free
    one night i had 28 free

a battery pull is the obvious answer but:

1) how can i find out whats causing this
    2) soft reset did not help....but deleting a small program (added bb wallet then deleted it ..i went from the 28 up to 32...so it acted like battery pull

any way to do a bat bull w/o bat pull?? (saw that question all over place
    05-20-08 02:33 PM
    Not sure what actually causes this but it seems that the OS uses up memory thru the day and does not clean up the memory very well after itself and programs that have been run. This leaves chunks of memory that are used up but idle. A battery pull set everything back to zero and all the free memory is noy in one chunk. I am basing this on my knowledge of computer OSs (lots of them over the years). No one has actually shown me that what I have just written is true but, it must be something like that.

The reason that you small program made a lot of difference to the memory was probably because it useed up space for itself and then grabbed a chunk of memory for its own data use and made it 'private' for it alone.

You can aparently achive the same as a battery pull by pressin Alt-LeftShift-Del. I prefer the real open the back and pull the battery. There is also SoftReset geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

I think that you can get another 2Mb of memory by removng the Blackberry Video.
    05-20-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD