i just use an auxiliary cord thats male on both ends as my headunit has auxiliary input. and if you are talking on the phone, and put it on speakerphone, it projects through the car's speaker system. and the blackberry's microphone is very sensitive so you dont have to hold the phone up to your lips like some people do
    06-26-08 11:38 AM
    I have the MotoRockr T505. Works well, but as someone stated earlier, in heavily populated areas finding an open/weak channel to use can be a challenge. But I get about 99.9% good signal from the device via the T505 to my stereo, which is fine for $100 solution. Also lets me do handsfree calls using the T505 and the stereo speakers. Pretty sweet. Parrot also has something similar.
    06-26-08 01:19 PM
    i just use an auxiliary cord thats male on both ends as my headunit has auxiliary input. and if you are talking on the phone, and put it on speakerphone, it projects through the car's speaker system. and the blackberry's microphone is very sensitive so you dont have to hold the phone up to your lips like some people do
    So I plug in my phone to the auxl input, go to media, open music, hit shuffle and then put on speakerphone?
    06-26-08 01:45 PM
    How about an accessory so I can hook thru my 8track? (just kidding).

I have a 2004 Pathfinder that Nissan just had a standard radio in it. I drive with Sirius and was sick of the FM tuner in the unit, so I wanted the plug in capablilty same as what I have on the Curve.

I decided to do a swapout and it couldn't have been easier.

I ordered a Clarion DUZ385SAT stereo that has AM/FM/CD which has:

. USB plug Audio for iPod
    . XM and SIRIUS Satellite radio ready
    . Bluetooth Interface Ready
    . auxillary jack port
    . MP3, WMA and iTunes AAC Compatible with ID3-TAG Display.

I picked a new one up on Ebay for about $150, but off Crutchfield it is $200.

One of the best and easiest installs I needed to do...

Mike B

Clarion DUZ385SAT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com
    Last edited by mbrouill; 06-26-08 at 02:28 PM.
    06-26-08 02:23 PM
    Well the radio transmitters are worthless, the tape adapters work well (used one for years in my whitey Ford)
    But the solution that will work for you.
    First things first pull your stereo out of the dash is there an aux in the back? If so all you need is a 3.5 audio male to male cable or aux cable.
    If not you have two options
    Note: Option B. may be cheaper and easier make sure you do your research.
    A. If your car has the factory stereo more than likely a CD changer was an option if you have an in dash CD changer this could get tricky. Go to Crutchfield.com and find an adapter for your stereo that is made for any MP3 player not the Crapple ipod. It should have a 3.5 jack. Order and install should be simple to do.
    B. If you have an aftermarket I recommend going to Bestbuy (they are very helpful). And you can buy a new aftermarket headunit for about $100 bucks that has an aux port in the front. Let them know you absolutely DO NOT WANT to control your mp3 player from the radio this is a pain and does not work well anyway, basically if you see a usb2 port on the headunit don�t buy it. Now all you need is the aux cable we talked about earlier.
    06-26-08 02:35 PM
    It is an auxl input and I have to switch the stereo to auxl. The music is playing on the phone when unplugged. I have not used it before.
    Can you try this with some other device? An MP3 player, CD player, anything? Just so we can rule out the device (and more importantly, that the amplification happening on the device side isn't causing problems - since I don't know what the aux input was originally intended for). If no devices work, then you may have to find where that cable plugs in to, and make sure it is secure, and that the wire is in good shape (not broken anywhere).

Good tip! Putting the curve on speaker routes the sound through the berry's speaker, and not whatever is plugged in to the headphone port, however. I haven't tried plugging my curve in to my stereo's aux input and making a call, but I'd imagine even not in speakerphone mode, that the mic would probably pick my voice up.

So I plug in my phone to the auxl input, go to media, open music, hit shuffle and then put on speakerphone?
    No need to put it on speakerphone - just plug it in to the aux input.

How about an accessory so I can hook thru my 8track? (just kidding).
    Seriously, does someone make that?? I have a '78 T/A, and it kills me to take the factory 8-track Delco radio out, but I'm going to have to do that so I can move my Clarion head unit over so I can play a CD, have an aux input, and listen to Sirius, since the bird is going to be my daily driver soon.
    06-26-08 07:12 PM
    Seriously, does someone make that?? I have a '78 T/A, and it kills me to take the factory 8-track Delco radio out, but I'm going to have to do that so I can move my Clarion head unit over so I can play a CD, have an aux input, and listen to Sirius, since the bird is going to be my daily driver soon.
    Ouch, hopefully you don't have a long drive.
    That car goes 0-60MPH is 3 gas stations...
    06-26-08 09:23 PM
    Ouch, hopefully you don't have a long drive.
    That car goes 0-60MPH is 3 gas stations...
    haha yep. I bought it back in November, when gas prices were a little more tolerable (if 3 bucks is tolerable). Now it hovers around $4.60 for 93 octane here in NY. It gets even worse mileage than stock, since all of the gas saving late 70s stuff has been removed, the original 400 was removed, rebuilt, bored out, and stroked to 458ci, and it makes around 450hp. Before I took it off the road to upgrade some things, I was getting 8MPG, with some tuning and some new parts, I'm hoping I can get around 15.

But let me tell you, 450 horsepower on a nice summer day with the t-tops out is worth every penny of the 50 cents per mile it costs to drive her!
    06-26-08 09:38 PM
    I stick to my 185hp 4 cyl 40mpg at 80mph highway, It will **** on a Porsche Boxster good enough for me.
    06-26-08 11:05 PM
    I actually got it working. The issue was the volume. Any idea why my stereo has to be at about 40 to hear?
    06-27-08 09:51 AM
    How do you get the music to play from your BB. I used to work at best buy mobile department and won that on an employee learning. I was excited to finally receive it but can't figure out how to get the music to play on the car stereo.I misplaced the little instruction book which does not help either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 07:06 PM
    I have the MotoRockr T505. Works well, but as someone stated earlier, in heavily populated areas finding an open/weak channel to use can be a challenge. But I get about 99.9% good signal from the device via the T505 to my stereo, which is fine for $100 solution. Also lets me do handsfree calls using the T505 and the stereo speakers. Pretty sweet. Parrot also has something similar.
    Whoops that was suppose to go on this one, sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 07:08 PM
    Check out a company called Precision Interface Electronics. I'm considering getting what's called an auxillary input converter. It is hardwired, so no inreference associated with FM transmitters. Looks like the way to go. Cost is about $70. I have a GM product, don't know if they make one for your vehicle or not.

Good Luck
    02-21-09 03:57 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD