When you are eligible for an upgrade from your current 83xx what device will you most likely get next and why?

Personally, the touch-screen's have my interest because of the screen real estate but I'm not sure I want to get away from the qwerty keyboard.
    02-21-10 02:26 PM
    I like my curve 8330 so much I may not upgrade... (this is my first BB btw) If i do upgrade then ill keep my curve as a backup. I cant upgrade till december so I have plenty of time to see what new phones are out...
    02-21-10 02:37 PM
    I had a storm as my first ever BB and I hated that thing. It was a good phone but the touchscreen drove me nuts. I switched to a curve, and even though the internet browser isn't quite as cool, I would never go back to any touchscreen. I like having actual keys to press.
    02-21-10 07:25 PM
    Physical keyboard lover here & 9700 all time favorite unit.
    02-21-10 07:36 PM
    I'm waiting for the 9100 Pearl.
    02-21-10 09:27 PM
    I had a storm as my first ever BB and I hated that thing. It was a good phone but the touchscreen drove me nuts. I switched to a curve, and even though the internet browser isn't quite as cool, I would never go back to any touchscreen. I like having actual keys to press.
    LOL. Never say never...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 09:37 PM
    I like my curve 8330 so much I may not upgrade... (this is my first BB btw) If i do upgrade then ill keep my curve as a backup. I cant upgrade till december so I have plenty of time to see what new phones are out...
    same thing for me....I have a dummy 8530 and the size of it is nice......
    I want a curve 2 with charging contacts and I would be happy.
    Screen res won't bother me...I want a phone not a brick on my hip.....tour is too big.
    02-21-10 10:07 PM
    I have been eligible for a while for upgrade. When I picked up the 8350 I thought it a bit small. I am petite but have squarish hands & fingers & adore my 8330. I'm going to wait & see what else comes out this year as I am content. Anytime I have WiFi near I whip out my MacBookPro.

02-21-10 10:24 PM
    I'm waiting on the side as well. I like my 8330, but I'm leaning toward the iPhone if it ever comes to Verizon or Sprint. Using AT&T is not an option for me based on my experience with them in the past.

The multi-tasking is an issue for me as well as the keyboard. I have an iPod touch, but typing on it has always been a chore. I definitely like the physical keyboard better.

My problem is that I like to use my phone for media, like web surfing, streaming audio, and such. The BB is so far behind the iPhone there.

I can't decide, if I don't get the iPhone I'll probably hold out for the Tour 2. I definitely don't want to get one now with all the trackball issues I've heard about. But I really like the keyboard on it, much better than the Curve in my opinion.

02-21-10 11:16 PM
    Recently went with the 8530 and not looking back. Wifi, trackpad and way way way faster than my 8330, completely trumps the lack of flash in my book!!! 8530 FTW

02-21-10 11:28 PM
    I feel the need for a touchscreen!

Been looking at the Droid or an HTC unit. Have spent a fair bit of time with the new BB Storm2, Tour and Bold phones, but they all feel like only slightly updated older phones. They don't feel like 'next generation' to me. On the other hand, the Droid and some of the latest HTC phones are packed full of cool advancements in handheld technology.

W.
    03-07-10 06:00 PM
    I am REALLY taking a hard look at the pre plus...I am not due for NE2 until December, but I can get the two year price in a month......
    03-07-10 06:58 PM
    My first pick would be the 9700... the 8530 is my next pick as allot of people say its a great phone that's a ton quicker, I just don't care for the look of it though.

The Android phones look really good too... I really like tinker with my phone and it seems that there are allot of "tinkering" you can do with google's new os...
    03-07-10 08:36 PM
    love my curve, it was a really nice step up from the pearl, but thinking of going to a touchscreen, worried I will be sorry about the lack of keyboard.
    03-07-10 08:47 PM
    I love my Curve but its just getting a little outdated now. 9700 pretty much quadruples the 8310 in memory and speed. The OS 5.0 is really BA and the trackpad is a really good idea so no need to clean it every week and change the trackball every few months. So around August of this year and everything goes as planned I'll be getting the 9700 hopefully.
    03-07-10 09:25 PM
    I love my bold 9000, but I am tired of the lack of memory, after what I think is normal BB leak (10 MB), I spend to much time worrying about the lack of memory. So my next BB will be the 9700 bold. I will deal with the smaller size, about 1/4 of an inch smaller than the 9000 but twice the memory.
    03-07-10 09:42 PM
    If the slider ever makes its way to Verizon then I want that. Or if the Storm 3 ships with 6.0 or 6.0 is out by the time I can upgrade I'll get a storm. If 6.0 isn't out probably an Android.
    03-07-10 10:03 PM
    I'm holding on to my beloved 8330 til there's a BB worth upgrading to on the Sprint Network.. Had the 8330 for a while now but I love it and had the original Curve 8300 wit att as well I think its the best made BB too date!

03-08-10 12:22 AM
    I love my 8320, but I know that I will want to move to something newer with more memory within the next year or two. That will mean either a newer Curve or an Android device. If only they would release an Android device with a physical KB
    03-08-10 01:40 AM
    I'm hoping for the N1.
    03-08-10 02:06 AM
    My next device depends on some things. If I switch to AT&T I'll get the 9700 but if I switch my Alltel account to a VZW account or if I go with Sprint I will either get a Tour 2 (if its released in time) or 8530. The trackpad is far superior to the ball!
    03-08-10 07:28 AM
    Waiting for the Essex/Tour2/9630/Bold/97XX to come out. The 8330 is a great phone, but it's getting harder to find new stuff for it.

03-08-10 08:07 AM
    I'm thinking a Droid, but I don't know. Still have about a year left and who knows what will come out in that time.
    03-08-10 09:28 AM
    Im gonna upgrade to the 8530, Its a great looking phone.. I may just not upgrade and stick with my 8330 I love ittttttttttttttttttttttt
    03-08-10 06:23 PM
    I love my 8320, but I know that I will want to move to something newer with more memory within the next year or two. That will mean either a newer Curve or an Android device. If only they would release an Android device with a physical KB
    My bad double post... But, try just a samsung moment, It's an android phone with a full Qwerty keyboard. I may just have to upgrade to this!
    03-08-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD