Hi I have an 8310 and I use the internet quite a bit for business and pleasure but I notice after I reset my phone(alt,shift,delete) that in one week my device memory will drop from around 20 megs to around 6 megs. Is this a normal time span for memory to drop that much? I don't mind resetting the phone once or twice a week but just want to make sure that's normal. Ty in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 07:11 AM
    A week? sure.

But I wouldnt let it get below 12mb otherwise the BB will go into clean up mode, deleting incoming emails, texts etc..
    11-04-09 07:19 AM
    Yea it is normal, device memory drops from usage, you can also clear cache in the browser and delete all messages to prevent it from dropping as much
    11-04-09 07:19 AM
    I was looking at my free memory today and noticed that I had around 3mb free. I cleared out old messages, removed a few google applications and other apps I never use. Boosted it up to around 8mb of free memory.

After a while it dropped down again to 5mb, so I don't know what the deal is. Any suggestions?
    11-04-09 12:52 PM
    Certain apps cause more memory leaks than other apps. Are you leaving apps running instead of exiting the app through menu, close..
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 11-04-09 at 05:30 PM.
    11-04-09 02:01 PM
    Also, the device USES memory as it operates. Do a battery pull every once in a while to clear it out.
    11-04-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD