Hi,

I need someone to talk to sense into me as i'm just getting annoyed. I'm trying to use the calendar, i've had my curve for over 6 months and i'm just starting to use the calendar. I've googled, cracksearched and been on the blackberry website and i'm still not getting it.
    It said i had four calendars, 3 linked to my email (blackberry, msn and virgin) and a default calendar. (I'm now on 4.5 by the way...) well i can't sync any of these email calendars so i just want to use the device default, right??..Seems i can't, i have to choose one of the email address?? no idea why.. before i can add a calendar event. I've found out how to delete the two email addresses from service books (CICAL). However when i got into options-default services-calendar.. there is still my blackberry email there no other option.
    My problem is this, A) I'm blond and obviously not getting this and B) Someone needs to help me before i start throwing things .

What i need to know is why do i have to select an email address to associate with a calendar entry if it's not sync'd and why can't i use the device default calendar for all my entries?

Help!!
    04-05-09 11:21 AM
    I will tell you up front that I know little about this so if I am wrong someone please correct me. I think, at least it is so with my curve, that my default calendar is associated with my BIS email. All my appointments go there unless I specify a different callendar. Open your calendar then hit options>select calendar>show all. This should show you everything.
    Hope this helped or at least didn't hurt!
    Tp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 11:59 AM
    Scroll thru service books again and make sure that every entry that says CICAL is deleted.
    04-05-09 12:07 PM
    Tellsells you are a diamond!!!!! Much love to wallpaperguy for the helpful advice.

See this is why i love crackberry!!

x
    04-05-09 12:23 PM
    Tellsells you are a diamond!!!!! Much love to wallpaperguy for the helpful advice.

x
    Glad to help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 03:50 PM
    i love you man!!!
    04-17-09 09:06 AM
    Always good to hear from another addict who has fallen for the BB charm =)
    04-17-09 09:09 AM
    Hey...I've got a problem HELP!!!

I no longer have the service books for the BB browser! I can use Opera...but when I get an order (for work) and i hit a link within an email it automatically looks for the browser and I no longer can access the net this way ?!?!?!

Once I get this settled....I would like to use the default calendar for EVERYTHING to avoid syncing issues. When I update the service books it will put two more calendars on my phone...one for each associated email address on the phone. At that point I can no longer associate the calendar with the default calendar...I can only select one of the new email related calendars. What am I missing here? Certainly there must be a work around or EVERYONE would be having this issue. I just want EVERYTHING calendar in the phone to look like my computer OUtlook and vice versa HELP@!!!!
    04-17-09 12:37 PM
    OK....I still need some help from an expert here. I have a "default calendar". Then I have a gmail and yahoo calendar that appear when I get my servicebooks for my email accounts. Once I have my servicebooks for these accounts I can no longer select my default calendar for my "default" calendar. So....when I go to sync....it will then ONLY sync my gmail calendar and wishes to leave off all the stuff that I had from my default calendar. I talked to sprint and read your post earlier....so I deleted the CICAL files from my service book entries...but this removes the BB browser and will not allow me to click a link from an email (cuz you cannot reset the default browser to Opera or some other to my knowledge)

Experts out there...>HELP!!!!
    04-19-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD